cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero MOSFET monitoring

socaldj
Level 7
So I've been running this board since Haswell came out and so far I love it with my 4770k. I've been able to have a nice stable OC at 4.5ghz @ 1.2 vcore and I've been able to get all the variable voltages/clock-speeds to work keeping things nice and low unless I'm gaming or working!

I recently decided to update my watercooling system from what I've been suing for the past oh let's say 5 years and see if I could get temps down and overall improve the asthetics of my rig.

I bought the new EK blocks for the Hero's Chipset and Mosfets (Since they were available) and a new Supremacy CPU block. Added in another radiator and put a block on my new 770 gtx along with a swap into a Corsair 900D case and a new Monsoon reservoir that also houses my pump!

Anyways, I finally put everything together this past weekend and despite a few hiccups everything is running smoothly. The only thing that is driving me nuts is I can't find a way to monitor the Mosfet temps. In the Asus AI Suite only the CPU and Mobo temps are there. I've been trying other monitoring programs too trying to track down this temp. Here's what I've found:

Speedfan (Yes I know it's out of date but it still works with Rainmeter to output system info) - "ACPI at $0 on ISA" Reports two temps, one at 29c one at 30c.
HWMonitor - Only shows Mobo Temp (I assume this is the chipset temp just like AI Suite) and CPU temps
MWiNFO - Shows tons of temps Mobo (Chipset) in line with the other programs, CPU, and then there are 3 generic temps (Temp2 @ 70c, Temp4 36c, Temp5 70c). The sensor is titled 'Nuvoton NCT6791D'
So regardless I'm just trying to make sure the waterblock is making proper contact (Or at least the same as it's predecessor). I was reading that the Mosfets don't get very hot but when I touch the backplate for the Mosfet heatsink it is HOT.

Any idea how I can monitor this? Where has to be something out there! Can anyone over at Asus tell me what the Nuvoton NCT6791D sensors are?

Any advice would be much appreciated!
i7-4470k Batch#: L312B332
4.5GHZ @ 1.2 vcore 24/7 Gaming
ROG Maximus Hero VI
Corsair 16gb @ 1600 mHz
EK Supremacy CSQ, EK Mosfet, & EK Chipset blocks
Dual Radiators 240mm and 360mm
EVGA SC 770 GTX - Koolance waterblock
Monsoon S2 Premium D5 Reservoir
2 REPLIES 2

socaldj
Level 7
Ok so I did some digging over at HWiNFO and I'm not the first one to have this question.
http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Temperature-problems?pid=5500#pid5500

I need to know what the sensor is reporting. If you guys could let me know it would be MUCH appreciated!
4.5GHZ @ 1.2 vcore 24/7 Gaming
ROG Maximus Hero VI
Corsair 16gb @ 1600 mHz
EK Supremacy CSQ, EK Mosfet, & EK Chipset blocks
Dual Radiators 240mm and 360mm
EVGA SC 770 GTX - Koolance waterblock
Monsoon S2 Premium D5 Reservoir

socaldj
Level 7
No ideas from any of the moderators?