cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero bios recovery

Pentium4
Level 7
Hi guys,

Have updated MEI firmware to latest version which turned out to be buggy, but have not been able to downdate to previous version which worked ok. Can Raja or any of you provide a recovery bios that clears the MEI block as well as the other settings, so that I can start with a fresh slate. Have just tried the bios recovery that came with the board, but it does not touch the MEI block at all, so hopefully Raja, or someone has a link to a bios that will clear both.

Thanks, and here's hoping 🙂
INTEL INSIDE
* Asus Maximus XI Hero * Intel i9 9900K CPU * HyperX 4000MHz Predator RGB 16Gb DDR4 Ram *
* ViewSonic VX3211 32" 4K Monitor * Intel UHD 4K Graphics * Samsung 970 EVO 1Tb NVMe.M2 *
* A-Jazz GTX USB Gaming Mouse * ROG SupremeFX 5.1 Audio * Cougar Vantar RGB USB Keyboard *
* Corsair Carbide 100R Silent Mid Tower Case * Corsair RM1000i Power Supply (100% Modular) *
4 REPLIES 4

Pentium4
Level 7
Raja, are you able to assist in providing a link ??
INTEL INSIDE
* Asus Maximus XI Hero * Intel i9 9900K CPU * HyperX 4000MHz Predator RGB 16Gb DDR4 Ram *
* ViewSonic VX3211 32" 4K Monitor * Intel UHD 4K Graphics * Samsung 970 EVO 1Tb NVMe.M2 *
* A-Jazz GTX USB Gaming Mouse * ROG SupremeFX 5.1 Audio * Cougar Vantar RGB USB Keyboard *
* Corsair Carbide 100R Silent Mid Tower Case * Corsair RM1000i Power Supply (100% Modular) *

Praz
Level 13
Hello

There is no BIOS available that will take the ME to a previous version. A BIOS chip could be ordered with a previous UEFI version or reflash your chip with a programmer.

Pentium4
Level 7
Thanks Praz, Would have thought Raja could easily obtain a fix from one of their departments to do the trick :rolleyes: Oh well, will have to put up with it until the new Z97 boards get released, and I can retire this board.
INTEL INSIDE

Praz
Level 13
You're welcome. 🙂