cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero and new QVL listed Corsair ram compatibility?

ViperThrall
Level 7
Hey all,

Decided to upgrade from G Skill (x2-4 gigs) to Corsair x2 8 gigs. No love whatsoever. The G Skills were a little touchy also but were not QVL listed by Asus so I purchased some Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10's which are listed as compatible. Ran memtest for 6 passes to make sure I was good on the XMP settings. No problems. Boot up and try to play Metro LL and the screen goes black? Not sure what is going on but I have tried different voltages and different timings with no luck. Even tried to run the sticks in the secondary slots. The machine runs fine until I begin to game or do some video rendering and then screen blacks out within about 4-5 minutes. Returned the first two sticks just to make sure they were not faulty. Second pair same thing still happens? All settings at stock. Bios 1505 loaded. Clean install with no Asus software. Any help would be appreciated.

Asus Maximus VI Hero
Intel 4670k at stock at the moment
Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 16 gigs
Cooler Master push/pull Hyper 212 EVO
Samsung EVO 240 SSD--Boot
X4 WD Raptors 4 Terabytes
EVGA GTX 780ti SC ACX
Soundblaster Recon 3d
Corsair 1000 watt power supply
Lian Li full tower with 6 fans assorted

Thanks.:confused:
3 REPLIES 3

Raja
Level 13
Try using a single module - if it still happens there, might not be DRAM.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Try using a single module - if it still happens there, might not be DRAM.

I'll give that a try this weekend and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Moved all hardware over to my older Ivy Bridge system (except the processor of course) with no problems. Crap, looks like an RMA for this Asus motherboard!.