cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Gene error code 00

wo0ntee
Level 7
Hi
I just bought a new computer and i installed it and it work just perfekt for 2 days and then i moved my pc and tried to boot it up but it didnt work i thought it was short-circuit some were becouse the PSU was
i did some basic troubleshooting but it didnt leed anywere and then i looked at the motherbord and discovered that the bord was giving the error code 00 and the red LED CPU light was on.
I have tried to take ut the bios battery and unplugged it from the PSU and waited for 1 hour and then tried to boot it up again and it didnt work.
I think i have the same problem with my as this guy: http://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-34051.html?
He better t explaining the problem.
Anyone else that have similar experiance with asus motherbord?
But im tempted to change to Gigabite because of this
Corsair 350D | Asus maximus VI Gene | Intel I7 4770K | EVGA 780 Ti classified |
Samsung 840 Evo 120 & 250 GB | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance pro 16GB 1866Mhz | Cooler master v1000
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hi wo0ntee Welcome to the ROG forum. Code 00 = cpu not detected. It is either the motherboard or the cpu that is causing this code. Would you have another cpu to try in your motherboard?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi wo0ntee Welcome to the ROG forum. Code 00 = cpu not detected. It is either the motherboard or the cpu that is causing this code. Would you have another cpu to try in your motherboard?

I dont have another CPU but I think the mother bord fired the CPU and it´s self but im not sure so i think om going to do a RMA on both
Corsair 350D | Asus maximus VI Gene | Intel I7 4770K | EVGA 780 Ti classified |
Samsung 840 Evo 120 & 250 GB | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance pro 16GB 1866Mhz | Cooler master v1000