cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Gene CStates disabled

Frimbles
Level 7
Hi,

I cannot activate CStates above C1, they're disabled by default and I do not have the option to enable them. I'm trying to enable C7 for decreased vcore during idle (currently run vcore @ manual)

Does anyone know of a fix (something else I might have to change in the bios for example, before they activate)?

I'm using the latest bios, 1402.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

jab383
Level 13
Don't know about the Gene BIOS, but if it's like the Formula, C State options are reduced to C1 when overclocking is set to fully manual mode.

I use fully manual mode for benchmarking profiles for maximum performance. For 24/7 stability and the sort of power saving and heat reduction you mention, I disable fully manual mode and run Vcore in offset or override mode. Then I can set C state support for up to C7.

Jeff

jab383 wrote:
Don't know about the Gene BIOS, but if it's like the Formula, C State options are reduced to C1 when overclocking is set to fully manual mode.

I use fully manual mode for benchmarking profiles for maximum performance. For 24/7 stability and the sort of power saving and heat reduction you mention, I disable fully manual mode and run Vcore in offset or override mode. Then I can set C state support for up to C7.

Jeff

Instant fix, thanks. I had fully manual mode enabled by accident.