cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula

JackNaylorPE
Level 10
System as described below still serving well as a CAD box and small office data server. Of late the Error Q-Code LED has been throwing a Q-Code 30. Manual lists :

30 - Reserved for ASL (See ASL Status Codes Section below)

0x30 - System is waking up from an S3 Sleep State.

It usually happens in one of two instances ...

a) I'm looking at a web site, typing a comment in a forum with 1 or 2 apps open. The system freezes and becomes non-responsive requiring a cold boot.

b) I return in the morning. and the system appears to be fine but the Code 30 is being displayed

.... while this should just be informative and nothing to be concerned about, the a) instance where the system is non-responsive negates that "no worries" answer. The fact that after 7+ years, that code has never been seen before the last 3 weeks is also puzzling.

In the b instance, which is of little concern, I have 4 local (2nd drive same box) backups running at 8, 9, 10 and 11 PM and network backups running 5, 6, 7 and 8 am .... and thought the mess and I *sometimes* see a backup warning about the master browser or the networked box receiving the back up files not allowing a connection because it already has too many is puzzling in that:

a) it allows 3 backups to proceed and only stops the last
b) It only happens sometimes
c) Though most left on 24/7, none of other computers is in use at 8 am, except for the one receiving the files.

Only thing I can guess, and this again is limited to the b) instance is that when the receiving box is woken up at or before 8 am the sending box is in a S3 state and is taking over as master browser.

The are no new error / warning messages in Event Viewer other than the same ole ones been seeing since Day 1

Any ideas ?... again not real concerned about the backup ... main concerns are the freezing / cold boot thing and why never seen the Q-code until last 3 weeks.
October 26 Build
MoBo:Max VI Formula
RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
PSU:Seasonic X-1250
Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
Optical:Asus BR Burner
KB: Logitech G19s
Mouse:RoG GX950
Fan Con.: Six Eyes
Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit
1 REPLY 1

JackNaylorPE
Level 10
Going on a month ... anybody ?
October 26 Build
MoBo:Max VI Formula
RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
PSU:Seasonic X-1250
Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
Optical:Asus BR Burner
KB: Logitech G19s
Mouse:RoG GX950
Fan Con.: Six Eyes
Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit