cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula review

Feklar
Level 8
http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1056〈=english

Overall I'm not impressed for a high end gaming motherboard. May just stick with the Hero.

i9 12900k + Asus Maximus Z690 Apex + EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000l XMP 3.0 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RK+ Samsung 870 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply + Fractal Meshify 2 XL case
Ek Velocity 2 CPU block, Ek GPU block
Koolance Fittings and QDC's + Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro
12 REPLIES 12

EliteA1
Level 7
These reviews were posted several times already in three threads. If you already own a hero what possessed you to even consider buying the formula?

I did not know that this review was posted in other threads since I don't read every post in every thread. I simply made the thread since one had not been made regarding the review. As for what "possessed" me to buy the Formula when I already own a Hero, personal preference and freedom of choice. Perhaps I'm the only one here with more than one computer but that's doubtful. I don't necessarily use the same model motherboard for all my towers so that' s why I considered this model for the next build. Feel free to ignore this thread if you find it annoying.

G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000l XMP 3.0 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RK+ Samsung 870 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro

EliteA1
Level 7
I just thought you would browse the official formula thread or post it in there. You also could have simply done a search on the forums with the same link.

If you were concerned with building a second system why didn't mention you that instead of saying, "I may just stick with the Hero". You don't think it would seem silly for someone to buy a Hero then a Formula for the exact same system? I know people buy products out of personal preference and freedom of choice. I just had no clue where you were coming from so I simply asked what influenced that decision.

What were you looking for someone else to feel the same way as you? Is it self doubt in your decision or did you just want to bash a product that's not even updated or released in retail yet. Keep in mind an update could address the issues of the benchmark results and 3D performance on low settings 380 VS 360 FPS (because I have a refresh rate that high I care). Watching the overview JJ did he mentioned that this board was for the software, audio step up for gamers and the aesthetics.

Feklar
Level 8
Usually when a new review for new product is released people create a thread to let other users know. It makes it easier to find new threads than simply looking though various pages of other threads just to see. Also let me point out to you that I said "MAY stick with the Hero" not I'll just stick with the Hero". Me stating that the review of this new product does not impress me does not constitute bashing it is merely my opinion. I did not say "dude, this board sucks" that would be bashing. These are OPEN forums. You can read them, comment or just ignore them. As for looking for someone else to feel the same way as I do as you put it, that is not the case. I'm not in need of people agreeing me. Again that was my own opinion. How I decide to buy and use Asus products are my own business and I do not have to justify them. I can swap out motherboards as I see fit. I am also well aware that bios updates can address many performance issues. However in my opinion when a high end model just adequately performs compared to the others within Asus's line at that price point, that concerns me. You can buy and use any model you with wish as can I. I will continue to voice my opinions good and bad regardless. Let's just let this thread go if it makes you feel better. I don't need to come here as often as you need to based on your 49 posts in 30 days versus my 32 posts in 15 months. Just let the thread die.

LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro

Yeah, a new thread does make it easier it's just the last post in the formula thread mentioned this link and topic. So sorry I offended you with the wrong quote I'll go back and edit it. I never said you were bashing the product I simply asked to figure out where you were coming from since you literally created the thread posted the link and said you weren't happy. I know buying and using specific Asus products is your own business, but when you post your opinion expect others to give theirs back. No one is telling you what to do. I personally wouldn't judge the board until a few updates just like how the Extreme got a bad rating before an updated bios.

I literally thought you had a solid 1150 build and wanted to buy a formula to replace your perfectly fine parts. So I simply asked what possessed you to consider that decision and I feel like you got offended and exploded on me with sarcastic remarks.

EliteA1
Level 7
Sec...........

Feklar
Level 8
Still not willing to let the thread go eh? You don't think seeing a thread with the title Maximus VI Review is easier than going to the last page of an existing thread just in case someone else already posted a link? Oh and by the way bashing is the exact word you used. Of course nobody can see that now since you didn't just edit your post, you just deleted the entire thing. I just posted a link and my opinion. If I had expected others to post theirs I would said "discuss" after stating my opinion. Perhaps choosing your words more carefully would help in the future.

LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro

Feklar wrote:
Still not willing to let the thread go eh? You don't think seeing a thread with the title Maximus VI Review is easier than going to the last page of an existing thread just in case someone else already posted a link? Oh and by the way bashing is the exact word you used. Of course nobody can see that now since you didn't just edit your post, you just deleted the entire thing. I just posted a link and my opinion. If I had expected others to post theirs I would said "discuss" after stating my opinion. Perhaps choosing your words more carefully would help in the future.

"I never said you were bashing the product."
"Yeah, a new thread does make it easier"

Dude I asked if you were out to bash it trying to figure out your intentions it was a QUESTION. You act like I said you were bashing it which is completely different. I don't understand what you want. I just said in the post above that it's easier to find a new thread. Now you act like I completely said the opposite. I agreed with you and went back to delete my post at your request to let the thread die and now your trying to use it against me. Literally nothing pleases you. If you want to stop the circle jerk delete your posts and I'll delete mine.

Holy bipolar

Feklar
Level 8
Every person that saw the thread knows what was said. I told you to drop the thread long ago but you persist. It's like having an argument with Karl Pilkington. For the last time, drop it.

LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro