cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula not detecting GPU

Novatan
Level 7
Just purchased a Maximus VI Formula and so far it's not going well. The one that I received upon picking up my order from NCIX had bent socket pins (thank god I checked before I left the store), and then they didn't have stock to give me another.

Received the replacement one today and while it posted fine, both ethernet and GPU were not being detected. I discovered that there were no network drivers installed at all, so I updated them using my laptop and now the ethernet cable is detected and works fine. Problem 1 solved.

However, I'm still unable to get my GPU to be detected. At first I thought it could be something with my current GPU, however I tried an older one that I have in another machine that i'm 100% is working and it doesn't detect it either?

Any ideas, or is it time to return a 2nd board this week?

System

i5 4670k
maximus vi formula
powercolor hd 7970 (current), XFX 8800GTS (old)
PNY 8gb Optima
Windows 8 (fresh install)
Samsung 840 EVO 240gb
Power Zone 850W
2 REPLIES 2

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
I know that you can disable the part of a 4770K cpu to not do GPU functions, but I really cant help you with your problem, but on page
1-32 of our manual they talk about a Q LED light that if the VGA card has a problem, it will light up.
Also check system info on page 4-35.

Im very new to my MB and ram and cpu, so Im sorry I could not be of more help.
Good Luck

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you have a look in the bios please, first default screen. Go down and see the GPU and Dimm section. Is your VGA being detected at all?

How are you connecting the VGA to your PC screen. If you are using a TV or adaptor with the cable can you swap them out and test please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.