cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula 4-Way Optimization Error

Denoppo
Level 7
Hello Everyone,
After my Formula build and of course getting past my Bios issue (my fault of course) I would like to finish out by optimizing my PC. This AI Suite III is what sold me on this brand. By the way does JJ Make house calls? I watched his 4-Way optimization video on YouTube and it looks very easy until I try it.
My issue is at the very beginning I hit the Start Button to optimize and it takes me to a Warning Box - Do I want to continue warning screen of Yes or No? Should I even be getting this screen?
No takes me back one screen - presumably to set something which the only thing I set was naming my fans. I'll try not doing that next time and see what happens.
Yes reboots me to Windows where I have to sign in again and get an Error Message - Access Violation at address 00451314 and goes on to say Write of Address 000003A8.
Asus Maximus VI Formula-CaseLabs SM8 Case-Corsair K70 Keyboard
Corsair 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133-Dell 2560 X 1440 Monitor-Func MS-3 Mouse
Intel i4770K-Noctua NF-A14 PMW Case Fans-Prolimatech Genesis Black CPU Cooler/Fans
Samsung SSD 840 Pro-Seasonic Platinum SS-860XP-Windows 7 Ultimate
88 REPLIES 88

Denoppo
Level 7
In trying to decipher CPUID I can see where my DRAM is reading 1005.3. This seems low doesn't it possibly making it unstable? Actually that's why I wanted this software to make my PC stable for me. I thought it would take a default built system and optimize to make it stable. I guess I will have to learn how to increase the DRAM w/o crashing the system enough to get the 4-way to say hey - now I can take over the rest of the way, lol.
Intel i4770K-Noctua NF-A14 PMW Case Fans-Prolimatech Genesis Black CPU Cooler/Fans

Denoppo wrote:
In trying to decipher CPUID I can see where my DRAM is reading 1005.3. This seems low doesn't it possibly making it unstable?
I have the same corsair vengance ram kit running at 2133mhz, did you go to your Bios and set it to 2133? I only just built my PC so i have not had enough time to play around with the settings, i have not tried to enable XMP profile.

Correct me if i am wrong, if the ram is running at T2 it should be 1066.5 to achieve 2133?

Denoppo
Level 7
Hey guys,
Just learning to do stuff. Hopefully my picture came thru and have a question on the Dram speed as it looks to be 667mhz but its rated at 2133 Am I getting my money's worth? If not, how can I raise it to say - 1866 and exactly where do I go in Bios to make this change. If I make this change will I have to make corresponding changes elsewhere as I wouldn't know what to do if I got a BSOD.25130

Praz
Level 13
That screenshot does not show the speed the memory is running at. That info is how the SPD is programmed. Post a screenshot of the memory tab of CPU-z. If the memory is spec'd at 2133MHz setting the Ai Overclock Tuner to X.M.P. should properly set the memory speed. Please have a look at the guide Raja did linked below.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33488-Maximus-VI-Series-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking&country...

Praz wrote:
That screenshot does not show the speed the memory is running at. That info is how the SPD is programmed. Post a screenshot of the memory tab of CPU-z. If the memory is spec'd at 2133MHz setting the Ai Overclock Tuner to X.M.P. should properly set the memory speed. Please have a look at the guide Raja did linked below.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33488-Maximus-VI-Series-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking&country...

I had this problem originaly, but its not really a problem. Its down to the user to go into the BIOS and change the profile to XMP, the RAM wont do it for you. I did it last night and it worked fine for me. I used CPU UP to clock the cpu at 4.4ghz and its working fine for me. Think ill bump it up to 4.6 and see how that runs, temps are nice and stable at 30-40 degrees on water.

Raja
Level 13
Would also advise not trying to run with a system before one can walk with it. Lots to learn before getting into overclocking. Would advise lots of time is spent reading and studying and then being VERY gradual. Overclocking expeditions can be a frustrating experience if one does not know what one is doing.

Denoppo
Level 7
Yes Samurai I have the same Dimms as you and have just built my system with all Windows updates (125) unless there are more. I wont make any changes w/o almost someone else hitting the Enter button for me. I know just enough about Bios - to leave it alone. Thanks for that Bios read guys. It did in fact encourage me to leave it alone. After 2 cups of coffee though, I did change the one and only recommended change for me at least.
I changed the AI O/C Tuner from AUTO to XMP
The next line in Bios changed to read: XMP DDR3-2132 11-11-11-27-2N-1.50V-1.20V The button now reads Profile #1
Exited and saved changes, went back intoi Bios to be sure the changes stuck. They did so I restarted 4-Way once again and no-luck.
I will try the recommended next step if I can be pointed to it. Here is anafter shot of CPU Z Mem Tab. Some changes I noted unless they keep constantly changing was that before the new XMP Profile the DRAM Freq was 1005.3 not it's at 1066.7 the Front Side Bus DRAM was1:10and now it's 1:8 and the tRFC changed from 300 clocks to 320 clocks.25148

Raja
Level 13
First step would be to check the system is stable with a stability test.

The_Tick wrote:
I have the Hero board and 4-Way Optimization worked fine using AI 3. I did uninstall the software for an unrelated issue.

Are you running the latest version of AI 3? If not upgrade to it and test again.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
First step would be to check the system is stable with a stability test.

so how come this works for The_Tick, but it doesn't work for me and Denoppo? Is there anyway we can actually get this to work on our boards?

Denoppo
Level 7
My first foray into some sort of test as Raja@ASUS suggested and I always want his suggestions as he is an expert here was to try out a stability test - I tried out ROG's own RealBench. Read a few threads and finally dived into the RealBench thread and downloaded RealBench -at least I tried, several times in fact. Well like all things here- it did not load correctly after 3 attempts. I was given some more advice to download 7 Zip. In my opinion, do not even think about it. I received so much malware and this - the ever-present and omnipotent "Conduit Search Toolbar" that actually hijacked my browser and kept me from my IE that I have had for more than at least 15 years. Anyway don't try to delete this using other free software as that is an additional 2 hours of frustratrion until I learned my lesson. Just go to Microsoft.com reload my browser and Bing Toolbar and went to Tools> Internet browser and I know to delete the one website that hijacked me and type in mymsn.com and faithfully it returns. Then I re-downloaded my trusty Bing ToolBar as it also disappeared and it sends me to the add-ons and there they are and disabled every frickin thing I could find that is not Microsoft related. I might add that I did go to Uninstall first but that did not work for the "Conduit Search Toolbar" There are many hidden traps in free software. I really think they are in collusion with other companies to place this ilk upon the masses.
For what it's worth I am not trying to O/C my system for any reason, I just want ASUS 4-Way Optimization to work as that is why I bought this board and then I am done.