cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula 4-Way Optimization Error

Denoppo
Level 7
Hello Everyone,
After my Formula build and of course getting past my Bios issue (my fault of course) I would like to finish out by optimizing my PC. This AI Suite III is what sold me on this brand. By the way does JJ Make house calls? I watched his 4-Way optimization video on YouTube and it looks very easy until I try it.
My issue is at the very beginning I hit the Start Button to optimize and it takes me to a Warning Box - Do I want to continue warning screen of Yes or No? Should I even be getting this screen?
No takes me back one screen - presumably to set something which the only thing I set was naming my fans. I'll try not doing that next time and see what happens.
Yes reboots me to Windows where I have to sign in again and get an Error Message - Access Violation at address 00451314 and goes on to say Write of Address 000003A8.
Asus Maximus VI Formula-CaseLabs SM8 Case-Corsair K70 Keyboard
Corsair 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133-Dell 2560 X 1440 Monitor-Func MS-3 Mouse
Intel i4770K-Noctua NF-A14 PMW Case Fans-Prolimatech Genesis Black CPU Cooler/Fans
Samsung SSD 840 Pro-Seasonic Platinum SS-860XP-Windows 7 Ultimate
88 REPLIES 88

I have the Hero board and 4-Way Optimization worked fine using AI 3. I did uninstall the software for an unrelated issue.

Are you running the latest version of AI 3? If not upgrade to it and test again.

Denoppo
Level 7
Perhaps we can get some fellow members who have had this Error Code to tell us how they fixed it and yes - with this board of course.
Intel i4770K-Noctua NF-A14 PMW Case Fans-Prolimatech Genesis Black CPU Cooler/Fans

warmmilk
Level 7
I'd settle for any ROG board

Denoppo
Level 7
No one responding thus far. I was sure it is just a simple user error on my part - until - I googled the error code. After all the money and effort poured into this AI Suite and the marketing for this product, including the hugely wasteful time users were wiping clean and reinstalling Windows, tearing down and re-inserting ram, nothing seems to work on some other Z87 boards as well. This was my main feature that I wanted not sound or dust covers or USB chargers. After this amount of time gone by with user and field feedback it should have been fixed by now. LOL I even came on this site back in May to question if AI Suite III works. Someone said thousands have downloaded and have used it successfully. We ought to get a count of people who can't get it to work. But I would rather invite people onto this thread and show us their solutions so that maybe a Sticky can be implemented on the ROG site. ASUS Management and their Developers must be working around the clock on this one.

Denoppo
Level 7
Thanks for weighing in. I am running the Suite that came with the DVD. But this sounds easy enough. I will uninstall this DVD version and go to ASUS to get their latest. Thanks and I will report back

Tick, I forgot to ask - Are you running Windows 7 with all updates before you tried the 4-way as I am just looking for common ground? I have W7 Ultimate retail - (my son works at Microsoft so why not).

Denoppo
Level 7
The-Tick,

Thanks for the advice but still no-go. The version on the DVD is the same as on their site. Downloaded it anyway, started the 4-way but same error code.

I would have gotten the Hero a few weeks back but it did not have DisplayPort 1.2 for my 2560 X 1440 27 inch monitor.
Dave

Denoppo
Level 7
Another anomaly for those of you following along - don't even try re-opening AI3 after closing out the error as that is an exercise in frustration. Hint:
You must restart Windows before trying again and then as if by logic you are allowed to retry.

I am running windows 7 Pro with all updates, the 4 way did work for me but like I said I did uninstall the software due to a conflict with Punk Buster on Battlefield bad company 2.

I did some research and a couple of posts stated this error happens due to instability in the system. I see you have 2133 memory try running it at 1600 and see if you still get the error. Is your memory on the QVL for 2133?

Denoppo
Level 7
I have not changed anything yet except to increase the fan speeds in Fan Xpert - seemed easy enough. I am sure I am running at default speed as I don't know how or where to increase GPU or CPU for that matter. I will jump into that later after I learn more. Most of the Corsair memory modules are not on the QVL as of yet. I did ask earlier before I bought my system and people said it should be OK. I don't think it has been tested yet so not many Corsair modules are there yet but these are supposed to be Ivy/Haswell optimized. I will try CPU Z tomorrow or run some sort of test to look for stability. I think the included DVD had something to look at or the ROG RealBench test on the Homepage. Been downloading feverishly lately to get my software and programs up to speed so I can concentrate on this next week. My PC is now located in another room so had to run some wires - quiet and cool now! Please check back later this week and I should have a few tests completed on the memory and stability. At least everything is functioning normally so far.