cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula 4-Way Optimization Error

Denoppo
Level 7
Hello Everyone,
After my Formula build and of course getting past my Bios issue (my fault of course) I would like to finish out by optimizing my PC. This AI Suite III is what sold me on this brand. By the way does JJ Make house calls? I watched his 4-Way optimization video on YouTube and it looks very easy until I try it.
My issue is at the very beginning I hit the Start Button to optimize and it takes me to a Warning Box - Do I want to continue warning screen of Yes or No? Should I even be getting this screen?
No takes me back one screen - presumably to set something which the only thing I set was naming my fans. I'll try not doing that next time and see what happens.
Yes reboots me to Windows where I have to sign in again and get an Error Message - Access Violation at address 00451314 and goes on to say Write of Address 000003A8.
Asus Maximus VI Formula-CaseLabs SM8 Case-Corsair K70 Keyboard
Corsair 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133-Dell 2560 X 1440 Monitor-Func MS-3 Mouse
Intel i4770K-Noctua NF-A14 PMW Case Fans-Prolimatech Genesis Black CPU Cooler/Fans
Samsung SSD 840 Pro-Seasonic Platinum SS-860XP-Windows 7 Ultimate
88 REPLIES 88

Raja@ASUS wrote:
It will always be presets. The hardware required for the dynamic OC is not on the board so it cannot do the dynamic OC part. That feature is on some of the channel motherboards only. Just to clarify.

There you go
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Denoppo
Level 7
Well, I was so happy that it just worked I did not check but it did seem a little short like maybe 1 minute and it did seem like JJ's video was about 5 minutes. So maybe your right about that. At least they are making some progress.
Intel i4770K-Noctua NF-A14 PMW Case Fans-Prolimatech Genesis Black CPU Cooler/Fans

Denoppo wrote:
Well, I was so happy that it just worked I did not check but it did seem a little short like maybe 1 minute and it did seem like JJ's video was about 5 minutes. So maybe your right about that. At least they are making some progress.

I see. so what's your cpu running at now?

Denoppo
Level 7
OK Warmmilk, there you have it - no hardware to run what we thought was possible. My CPU can default to where I need it up to 4.2. There's no need for me to go any further as I am OK with the presets. Dang it though! When I researched all my components I usually wind up with what I believe to be what I saw and read on all my component sites.

I would buy the maximus Formula VI, but I would like to know if there has auto tuning via 4 Way optimization since the last update?

Raja
Level 13
Read through the thread and you will have your answer. In fact, you only need to go up a few posts from yours and you'll get the answer.

Scorp6
Level 7
I have the same hardware configuration as Denoppo, i have tried everything whats post on this thread, but no luck!
Asus support says to me that they DON'T support overclocking, so they don't provide also no support for there own software like this 4-way optimization tool into AIsuite! And just also for this future i bought this board... NICE
[/SIGPIC]
FLEXI-COOK

Mobile BBQ Catering service Low&Slow Smoked

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIGPIC]

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you would like to OC your system please do start your own thread and I will personally walk you through the process.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

"The dynamic oc is only available on the mainstream boards". Asus assumed that if your buying a ROG board you would know how to over clock or would be willing to figure it out yourself.just YouTube overclocking with z87.you'll find all the info you need on Linus Tec tips our the multiple Asus channels