cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula 4-Way Optimization Error

Denoppo
Level 7
Hello Everyone,
After my Formula build and of course getting past my Bios issue (my fault of course) I would like to finish out by optimizing my PC. This AI Suite III is what sold me on this brand. By the way does JJ Make house calls? I watched his 4-Way optimization video on YouTube and it looks very easy until I try it.
My issue is at the very beginning I hit the Start Button to optimize and it takes me to a Warning Box - Do I want to continue warning screen of Yes or No? Should I even be getting this screen?
No takes me back one screen - presumably to set something which the only thing I set was naming my fans. I'll try not doing that next time and see what happens.
Yes reboots me to Windows where I have to sign in again and get an Error Message - Access Violation at address 00451314 and goes on to say Write of Address 000003A8.
Asus Maximus VI Formula-CaseLabs SM8 Case-Corsair K70 Keyboard
Corsair 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133-Dell 2560 X 1440 Monitor-Func MS-3 Mouse
Intel i4770K-Noctua NF-A14 PMW Case Fans-Prolimatech Genesis Black CPU Cooler/Fans
Samsung SSD 840 Pro-Seasonic Platinum SS-860XP-Windows 7 Ultimate
88 REPLIES 88

warmmilk
Level 7
Welcome to the club. I'm pretty sure that feature doesn't work on ROG boards... Not even sure why it's there if it only works on channel series boards

Denoppo
Level 7
After watching JJ's video again the warning box is normal.
JJ's PC boots into Windows and then goes onto auto optimizing
Mine boots into Windows and after my password I get the Error Message.
Intel i4770K-Noctua NF-A14 PMW Case Fans-Prolimatech Genesis Black CPU Cooler/Fans

Denoppo
Level 7
Thank-you again Warmmilk and thanks for helping me out earlier. So I presume that I will need to optimize in a different manner and with a different routine? The AI Suite III that I have installed looks so alluring!!

warmmilk
Level 7
Yeah, I got the same error after the restart. I started a thread about it. Didn't really get any help on getting that feature to work, I just decided to do a manual overclock

Denoppo
Level 7
Warmmilk - not sure what you meant but the Feature is listed on the ASUS Website with 4-way optimization as a main Feature

Denoppo wrote:
Warmmilk - not sure what you meant but the Feature is listed on the ASUS Website with 4-way optimization as a main Feature

Yes, I know, I'm disappointed as well, but I've yet to come across anyone with an ROG board that successfully ran the 4way optimization

Denoppo
Level 7
I'm going to hold out for the Experts to chime in as I really like this cool feature. Hope they don't speak computer lingo code so I can follow along as a simple procedure would be nice. I'm sure a lot of people building their rigs are at the point we are at right now.

Denoppo
Level 7
The only fundamental difference between JJ's build and my build is I have my rear exhaust fan on OPT FAN 3 header, 2 of my top case fans on CHA FAN 3 header, the third top fan on CHA FAN 2 header, both my Genesis CPU fans on the CPU FAN and OPT CPU FAN. I'll get some more fans later for a total of 6 case fans not counting the rear exhaust and CPU fans. Nearly anything seems to make some difference. I hope that fan headers and fan placements don't make any difference for the 4-way Optimization or creating the error code. If so I can make some changes to make it right.

warmmilk
Level 7
He is also using a different motherboard in his vids...