cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Extreme PC won't shut down

Ryuuji
Level 8
Hello,

Today i got my Maximus VI Extreme, I changed my old Motherboard to this one. I had a little trouble getting the Chipset drivers to install, but eventually i got it. My Problem now is, that my PC wont shut down. When i go in Windows to Shuting down the pc shuts down, but boots up again. If i Shut it down over the I/O Panel on my Case It shuts down the Monitor gets dark, the hdds turn off, but the Fans keep spinning and the OC Panel is still on. On the debug LED it says that the system is entering the S5 sleep mode.

After i build everything together i teste the PC and it Shut down, but i did not have my graphics card a hd 7950 in the PCI slot. i hab my PC hooked up to the IGPU.

Than is installed my drivers and the graphics card and since than my pc wont shut down.

Also I wanted to ask how i can turn off the automatic OC because my I7 4770k runs at 3.9 on all cores than the 3.5 it should be.

My question is what do i need to do so that my PC shuts down.

My Specs are:

i7 4770k
Asus Maximus Extreme VI
16GB Corasir Vengance DDR3 1600 ram
AMD HD 7950 graphics card
3x TB Western Digital Black
1x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD
Windows 7

Soryy for my bad english.

Mfg Ryuuji
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, Ryuuji.

If you have the Intel RST software installed, please uninstall it. That should fix your restart problem. Report back with your results and we can continue to work out your issues.

Hello Chino,

I did have the Intel RST Software installed. After I uninstalled it hovever my drives where only shown as ATA drives and in the device manager under IDE ATA/ATAPI- Controller where 10 ATA Chanell entries. I then insatlled the Intel RST software again from the Asus website and my drives are now recognized as Normal SCSI Disk Drives. Also the ATA Chanel entries are gone except the one for the 2 Asmedia Controller. What can I do so that the Sata on the Asmedia Controller are shown as SATA and not ATA/IDE.

Also i would like to know the TPU under the AI Suite III overclockes my CPU automaticly. I do want to OC my CPU but I want to do it myself and not have it done by some software. Also why is it exact at 3.9 GHz and not 4? this is also shown on the OC Panel under Ratio is a 39. Also I would like to know how i can change the default energy save mode. It is alway on High Performance even when i go to Balanced in the Bios. Or is there some kind of Documentaion that is bigger than that in the manual?

I would like to thank you all beforehand for helping me.

Mfg Ryuuji

Hello Chino,

I did have the Intel RST Software installed. After I uninstalled it hovever my drives where only shown as ATA drives and in the device manager under IDE ATA/ATAPI- Controller where 10 ATA Chanell entries. I then insatlled the Intel RST software again from the Asus website and my drives are now recognized as Normal SCSI Disk Drives. Also the ATA Chanel entries are gone except the one for the 2 Asmedia Controller. What can I do so that the Sata on the Asmedia Controller are shown as SATA and not ATA/IDE.

Also i would like to know the TPU under the AI Suite III overclockes my CPU automaticly. I do want to OC my CPU but I want to do it myself and not have it done by some software. Also why is it exact at 3.9 GHz and not 4? this is also shown on the OC Panel under Ratio is a 39. Also I would like to know how i can change the default energy save mode. It is alway on High Performance even when i go to Balanced in the Bios. Or is there some kind of Documentaion that is bigger than that in the manual?

I would like to thank you all beforehand for helping me.

Mfg Ryuuji