cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Gene wont post error 55

spigen
Level 7
I first stated the build up with everything looking good.

got error 00

pulled ram and re set cpu

got error 55

I've googled and come across a couple threads about this. I had some further questions.

I first checked to see if the pins where messed up. And they all look good...brand new. The contact on the bottom side of the cpu looks good. They all have the same looking marks across each square.

I then read that it was possible the heat sink...which is the H80i. I re set it. loosened it etc. Still the same. So then I made sure it wasn't the heat sink by just putting on the stock intel one. still no.

So then I have tried one stick of ram in the top red slot. then the bottom red slot. Both red slots. both black slots. Then I tried all 4 different memory sticks in the DIMM A2 witch the manual says to put a single stick in.

I tried the pull the memory out, reset cmos, put back in.

My memory is in the owners manual and is suspose to work.

Specs:
Maximus V Gene
Intel 3770k
4x8 GB of Corsair Vengence 1.5v

I building this computer for a friend, and my current PC is an older core i7 rampage board. So I dont believe I can test this ram on it? can I? The ram in my personal computer is corsair DDR3 1.65v

if there is a solution for my issues I would love some help. And or if I need to send something back to Newegg which of the items is at fault.

thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, spigen.

There is no problem at all. Use one of your working sticks from your PC and insert it into the MVG's DIMM_A2 slot and power up the system. See if it posts.

I had to create a new account. Some reason my account I made last night doesn't exists anymore. no clue why. but anyways. I tried using one of a 2gb sticks from my LGA 1366 board. Still the same error. with no ram in the computer qcode 20. With both the Corsair Vengence for the LGA 1155 qcode 55. and with a stick from 1366 board qcode 55.

No keyboard action, no screen activities. no way to get into bios.

Chino
Level 15
Sounds like defective RAM slots then. Looks like you'll have to RMA the motherboard, mate. Either that or borrow another CPU to test it. But I'm leaning towards the slots being defective to be honest.

spigen1
Level 7
I thought so, I've just been waiting on my newegg RMA slip. Hoping there was something else to do besides wait a week.