Did you mean: 

Maximus v gene not booting

dared
Level 7
CPU:Intel Core i7 3770K - Speed:3899.1 MHz - Multi:39.0 - Bus:100.0 MHz
RAM:666.5 MHz (1:5) - 8GB - 9-9-9-24-1T
MB:MAXIMUS V GENE - FW:1903 - Desktop
GPU1:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

Managed to get things working again as looks like problem is with the memory. I had 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance (CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9R) and wanted to add another 8GB. Bought the identical memory and when put into the motherboard comp freezes up and displays No 55 memory not installed. So removed memory and everything works ok. Any ideas what I should be doing?
18 REPLIES 18

Nate152
Hello dared and welcome

Power down your pc, let the psu switch on and press the clear cmos button on the back of your motherboard, the one the the green circular arrow.

Press and hold it for 3 seconds then try booting.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello dared and welcome

Power down your pc, let the psu switch on and press the clear cmos button on the back of your motherboard, the one the the green circular arrow.

Press and hold it for 3 seconds then try booting.

Hi Tried but still no joy. With just the old memory installed works fine but tried the new memory on its own and together with the old memory and still see No.55 displayed.

Nate152
Just use a single kit, mixing 2 kits together is not a good idea, sometimes they don't work very well together as you can see.

Have you tried a stick in each slot to confirm all slots are working?

Hi,

Moved the old memory across to unused slots and boots fine so all four slots look to be working ok

Nate152
Thank you

Sometimes two kits of memory even of the exact same specs do not work well together and I suspect that's what's happening.

Your ram looks a little peculiar to me, can you post me your 8GB stick please, I'd like to see the specifications.

Hi,

All four sticks (4Gb ea) are Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1866R

Reloaded BIOS and have managed to get running again but not confident it will last! Things seem to be a little fragile.

Went into BIOS and turned oc etc off to try and keep things stable. Noticed timing for RAM was not correct as on RAM it
is 9-9-10-24 but in BIOS it shows 9-9-9-24 Would this cause a problem?

Nate152
Set the ai overclock tuner to X.M.P.

Your ram is running 9-9-9-24 timings at 1333MHz.

If you can't get it to go, then the 2 combined kits are not working together very well. I would return the 2nd kit you got.

Hi,

managed to boot up (once) with all the ram installed but after going into BIOS to set to X.M.P. no longer worked so back to 2 sticks! Could there be some limitation on the mother board?

philly_cheese_s
Level 8
You should have bought the memory all at once(all together) or a bigger set of memory..........I don't think XMP will work very well the way your using, I'd try to manually align the memory. If no go then return the second set.