cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula

Retired
Not applicable
Released in Sweden.. today:cool::cool::cool:
170 Views
1,946 REPLIES 1,946

Cool to see them arriving today. I went with two day so I still have one more day to wait. 😞

colson79 wrote:
Cool to see them arriving today. I went with two day so I still have one more day to wait. 😞


This has to be my favorite shark http://www.amazon.com/ANTICIPATED-MOTHERBOARD-DESIGNED-MAXIMUM-OVERCLOCK/dp/B008FSEBDG/ref=sr_1_5?ie...

You have no idea what you are buying with this guy but it is the most anticipated lol.
CPU: i7-3770k | Cooler: Corsair H100 | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Extreme Z77 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 | HDD: Samsung F4 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM | SSD: 2x Crucial M4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk | GPU: 2x Asus GTX 670 2GB 1020MHz | Case: NZXT Phantom (Black/Green) | PSU: Corsair 750W ATX12V | OD: Asus DRW | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Monitor: 3x Asus vs229h-p IPS | Accessories: Black Widow Ultimate, SWTOR Razer Mouse, Astro a40s
Help w/ Studio Donation

ParamedicSam wrote:
This has to be my favorite shark http://www.amazon.com/ANTICIPATED-MOTHERBOARD-DESIGNED-MAXIMUM-OVERCLOCK/dp/B008FSEBDG/ref=sr_1_5?ie...

You have no idea what you are buying with this guy but it is the most anticipated lol.


I don't think the guy selling even has an idea what he's selling; just a placeholder listing before he gets his "stock". LOL

Reefa_Madness wrote:
...and yet Superbiiz does have it (along with the regular Formula).

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-MAX5FTX

How did they get it before Amazon?


Most of the sellers that have it in stock online are in California... that has to say something about the availability of the boards for now. But doesn't Amazon have a CA warehouse as well?


9939
Anyway, my board had been shipped out yesterday! Should be in my hands by next Saturday (worst-case). 😄

6.8lbs though... What?
Sig Rig:
Cooler Master Cosmos II
Intel Core i7 2600K (sold)
ASUS Maximus V Formula (sold)
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Dominator GT 1866MHz
EVGA GTX 680 2GB (getting a Hydro Copper block soon)
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Seasonic Platinum 1000W

zk1mpls wrote:
I don't think the guy selling even has an idea what he's selling; just a placeholder listing before he gets his "stock". LOL



Most of the sellers that have it in stock online are in California... that has to say something about the availability of the boards for now. But doesn't Amazon have a CA warehouse as well?


[


I often here people from Cali say that they prefer to order from Amazon (over the egg) because they don't get charged sales tax. If Amazon had a W/H is California then they would be subject to sales tax, so my guess is that they do not have a physical warehouse in California (assuming I was correct about there being no sales tax on Amazon purchases). Of course, they doesn't explain why Superbiiz has the ThunderFX model and the Egg doesn't.

On a side-note...I needs me one of those "highly anticipated motherboards", no matter what it is. 🙂

Gipi49 wrote:
Yep ... disappointing ... adding to that you can't have a thick rad and you have to modify a little the roof not to condemn the top bay 😞
But it works 😄


I'm planning to put a slim 140mm rad at the back exhaust as well. I wonder how that would fit in the board. Shouldn't have any clearance issues, really, since it fits my 140mm fan fairly well. just need to see how it fits with respect to the Fusion Thermo.

Gipi49, would you mind posting photo of the motherboard inside the Cosmos II, since you'll get it earlier than me? Just need to have an idea how it fits inside the case. Lol.

Scat... Lol
Sig Rig:
Cooler Master Cosmos II
Intel Core i7 2600K (sold)
ASUS Maximus V Formula (sold)
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Dominator GT 1866MHz
EVGA GTX 680 2GB (getting a Hydro Copper block soon)
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Seasonic Platinum 1000W

zk1mpls wrote:
I'm planning to put a slim 140mm rad at the back exhaust as well. I wonder how that would fit in the board. Shouldn't have any clearance issues, really, since it fits my 140mm fan fairly well. just need to see how it fits with respect to the Fusion Thermo.

Gipi49, would you mind posting photo of the motherboard inside the Cosmos II, since you'll get it earlier than me? Just need to have an idea how it fits inside the case. Lol.

Scat... Lol


No problems ... I will post pics of the finished rig 😉
Redback 2012
Case : CM Cosmos II
PSU : Corsair AX1200
CPU : i7 3770k (Swiftech Apogee HD WB)
RAM : 16GB 4x4 Corsair Vengeance Black
MB : ASUS M5F
GPUs : 2x EVGA GTX680 HydroCopper
OS Drive : 120GB Kingston HyperX
Caching Drives : 60GB Intel 520 + 60 GB ADATA XM13
HDDs : 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black
Storage HDDs : 2x 3TB WD Caviar Green
OP : ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-Ray Writer
Res : Koolance RP-401X2 + 2x Swiftech MCP350 (serial)
OS : WSE 2008 R2 & Linux Mint 13

zk1mpls wrote:
I'm planning to put a slim 140mm rad at the back exhaust as well. I wonder how that would fit in the board. Shouldn't have any clearance issues, really, since it fits my 140mm fan fairly well. just need to see how it fits with respect to the Fusion Thermo.

Gipi49, would you mind posting photo of the motherboard inside the Cosmos II, since you'll get it earlier than me? Just need to have an idea how it fits inside the case. Lol.

Scat... Lol


Why wouldn't you utilize the ridiculous amount of space in the bottom of the case? You can fit 2 x 240 rads down there.

You should check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ua3gSL62I
i7-3930k
Rampage IV Extreme
Corsiar 16gb 2133mhz CMT16GX3M4X2133C9
GTX 680 x 2 SLI
Corsair AX850
Mushkin MKNSSDCR120GB x2 RAID0

^ Congrats on finally getting your board! Lucky you! 😄

NickH wrote:
Why wouldn't you utilize the ridiculous amount of space in the bottom of the case? You can fit 2 x 240 rads down there.

You should check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ua3gSL62I


Yeah, I will mount a 240 rad down there (only a single one, though), when I eventually need it (for a second GPU). But for now, I just wanted to make the central part of the loop look busier. Lol. 😄



Thanks in advance, Gipi49. I see you got a Swiftech 360 rad up in there... how thick is it?
Sig Rig:
Cooler Master Cosmos II
Intel Core i7 2600K (sold)
ASUS Maximus V Formula (sold)
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Dominator GT 1866MHz
EVGA GTX 680 2GB (getting a Hydro Copper block soon)
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Seasonic Platinum 1000W

zk1mpls wrote:
...

Thanks in advance, Gipi49. I see you got a Swiftech 360 rad up in there... how thick is it?


37 mm thick, I think it's the limit for this case and configuration. I'm worried about the PCIe combo card to touch the fitting at this time. Will discover it when I receive the board 🙂
Redback 2012
Case : CM Cosmos II
PSU : Corsair AX1200
CPU : i7 3770k (Swiftech Apogee HD WB)
RAM : 16GB 4x4 Corsair Vengeance Black
MB : ASUS M5F
GPUs : 2x EVGA GTX680 HydroCopper
OS Drive : 120GB Kingston HyperX
Caching Drives : 60GB Intel 520 + 60 GB ADATA XM13
HDDs : 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black
Storage HDDs : 2x 3TB WD Caviar Green
OP : ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-Ray Writer
Res : Koolance RP-401X2 + 2x Swiftech MCP350 (serial)
OS : WSE 2008 R2 & Linux Mint 13