Not applicable
Released in Sweden.. today:cool::cool::cool:
1,946 REPLIES 1,946

Maximus Obsidious “Max”
Chassis : CaseLabs M8
PSU : Corsair Platinum AX860 (Seasonic) w/Corsair Gen2 AX Cables
CPU : Intel 3770k 4.2GHz Vcore 1.282 Delta T=2.5C at idle
RAM : Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz 2X4GB kit
Mobo : Asus Maximus V Extreme (you and me baby)
GPU : Asus 6870 DirectCU (Asus GTX780 5GB Coming Soon) 😛
Cooling : H100i Sanyo-Denki San Ace 120(x6)
Internal SSDs : Intel 520 120GB(x2) RAID0

fronzel
Level 9
My first idea was actually to have a radiator outside and have some tubing running inside to my computer, but that will certainly cause condensation problems.
ASUS Maximus V Formula | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengance 4x4GB 1600

ASUS GTX 680 DC2 TOP | Seasonic X-760 Gold | Lian Li PC70

Samsung 830 256GB | WD Green 3TB | Dell U2711 | Win7 64

kkn
Level 14
i have this pump, and i have a controller that i bought too erlyer.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_201&products_id=288...
i think it looks good, i have an external pump/rad combo that i started whit and a cpu block.
and now adding this to the new 😛
i have the MK-59193 tube pack. was the cheepest, and since i have UV coolance i dont need uv tubing.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=59_413_992_974
and i have this as res : http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_318_708&products_id...
cpu block : http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_971_498_490&product...
and a good deal of fittings, mainly compression ones.
just sit down and figure out how you want the loop and/or how you will run it.

Maximus Obsidious “Max”

kkn
Level 14
no i did not buy from there, i just posted what i have 🙂
i did buy from aquatuning.de in germany, since the WC online shop here i norway is a bit expensive at some parts.
and that cpu block have 4 places you can put leds in it, one in each "corner" so to say.
heres the leds your after ( 2 pin if you want that, just click the pic and go to pic number 2 and you see what i mean ) http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_107_837&products_id...
unless you want the molex version - http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_107_837&products_id...

MeanBruceROG wrote:
I'd go with the simple stuff first: Try to clear the CMOS and then load optimized defaults in BIOS and see if you can POST. Then boot to safe mode and turn off any overclocking software and reboot the system. Do you have a pre-set profile loaded into the Go-Button? If so clear it in BIOS, go from there.

Although it sure sounds like a 24pin cable fault or not seated/snapped well onto the mobo header. You didn't disassemble your PSU did you?:)

Thanks for the reply man, tested different PSU no difference but upon pulling out the mobo from the case it worked and standoffs and such are in the right place. So it suggests a short on the mobo or something. I have not gotten it to boot once lol, asus and my retailer tech both say DOA board. So my replacement is on the way. And the way my retailer does warranty I get to keep the defective board as well as the new one. So now I will have two of everything in the thunder fx box. Nice little compensation for having to wait on my replacement 😉

And no I didn't open up my PSU lol.... Just wondering, what was the reason for you doing that?
NZXT Phantom | Maximus V Formula TFX | 3770K - H100 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 Dual Channel | 2x ASUS GTX680 DCUII 4 GB | Corsair AX860i | WD 1 TB HDD

Maximus Obsidious “Max”

CanadianKid wrote:
Thanks for the reply man, tested different PSU no difference but upon pulling out the mobo from the case it worked and standoffs and such are in the right place. So it suggests a short on the mobo or something. I have not gotten it to boot once lol, asus and my retailer tech both say DOA board. So my replacement is on the way. And the way my retailer does warranty I get to keep the defective board as well as the new one. So now I will have two of everything in the thunder fx box. Nice little compensation for having to wait on my replacement 😉

And no I didn't open up my PSU lol.... Just wondering, what was the reason for you doing that?

try and power the mobo up on the box it came whit, if it powers up there, then there is a grounding error in the case it self some where.

MeanBruceROG wrote:

I know the HX850 looks bad in the pic bro, but really it's just an interim pic, I cut the 8 black cables leading out to non-modular gpu power, (they are bare in the photo under the yellow wires) since they are difficult to manage in a small chassis, capped them off, replaced the noisy stock fan with a Noctua NF-S12B had lying around, and plan on using it in a Guest PC, just an idea I had.

Going to set up a guest room when I have people stay over for a few days, putting in a coffee-hot chocolate maker, mini-fridge, microwave, and a Guest PC with internet access so it will feel like a hotel room, extremely comfortable, and whomever stays doesn’t have to run to the kitchen during the night when they need something. This Corsair HX850 PSU may not look like much, yet still works perfectly and will power the rig in the guest room. A good way to get a few more years of life out of older gear.

The AX850 gold rated in the background with the red cables in chassis is still primary, would not disassemble and void that 7year warranty. Only reason still hanging with the AX850 is because Corsair is so slow to release the Seasonic based Platinum AX1000i and AX860i designs.

Pretty sweet idea! how easy/hard was it to swap out the fan on there? what size was it? And yeah I am waiting for one of those lower wattage AXi PSUs also. I'm getting slightly inpatient though so might settle with the AX1200i... we'll see though

kkn wrote:
try and power the mobo up on the box it came whit, if it powers up there, then there is a grounding error in the case it self some where.

Thanks for the reply, yeah that crossed my mind as well but it has been with my tech since I thought about it. Having a hard time thinking its my case since i just ripped out my P8Z68 V pro gen 3 which was working fine.
NZXT Phantom | Maximus V Formula TFX | 3770K - H100 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 Dual Channel | 2x ASUS GTX680 DCUII 4 GB | Corsair AX860i | WD 1 TB HDD

MeanBruceROG
Level 11
Maximus Obsidious “Max”