cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula not going through POST

jhendry858
Level 7
I am looking for any help with my new M5F not going through POST.
First, what happened was I was playing SWTOR and my screen froze so i conducted a hard shutdown.
Upon attempting to re apply power there was no video output to my monitor but the fans started up and continued to run normally.
I then looked at the Q-code output on the mobo and it read 00.
I then cleared the CMOS with the button on the I/O panel and then re applyed power and it resulted in the same 00 Q-code.
I then flashed the BIOS with the latest one on the asus website and the same 00 Q-code came up.
I then removed all hardware execpt one memory stick and the CPU and still had the 00 Q-code.
The last things I did was to remove the mobo from the tower and uninstalled the CPU and left it out over night about 13 hours and reinstalled it with only the one memory stick and still came up with the same 00 Q-code.

So if anyone has any other ideas on how to help me troubleshoot my mobo i would be very greatful. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Also this is all the equipment in my build:
Asus Maximus V Formula
EVGA GTX 570 HD
Ripjaws X Series 8GBx2
Intel Core i7 3770k
SanDisk Extreme SSD 120GB (OS)
Seagate 2TB
Antec High Current Series 900W PSU
5 REPLIES 5

SUKARA
Level 10
Remove the battery on the motherboard,and wait 1 min later ,back the battery to the motherboard
if this problem still can't solved ,maybe the motherboard bad or fail, i suggest you can plan sent the motherboard to repair and test...

asus service contact information reference to you:
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

Thank you. I just removed the CMOS battery from the mobo and waited about 3 mins and resetted the battery onto the mobo and still had the same results. I was figuring that i would have to send the board in for test/ replacement.

Raja
Level 13
Was the system overclocked in any way?

When you get the new board, ensure all of the heatsinks are cooled actively if there is not sufficient airflow within the chassis.

8_Pack
Level 12
00 could mean CPU problem also. Do you have another 1155 cpu to try ?

Zka17
Level 16
I would ask the same questions as Raja and 8 Pack did... if that system was OC'd without an adequate cooling, it may happen that the CPU went bad... 😞 Definitely I would start with trying an other LGA1155 CPU on that board...