cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula Motherboard won't POST

OilerNut
Level 8
I have a Maximus V Formula motherboard that has been working fine.
All of a sudden one day it stopped booting at all, I didn't make any recent changes nor have I even had the side panel off in the past few weeks.
It would turn on for a few seconds and then turn off, turn back on for a few seconds, then turn off, and just do this repeatedly. No Qcode, no beeps, not anything.
So performed the following troubleshooting tasks...
I removed all the addin cards, left 1 stick of ram in it ... same result
So I took the motherboard out of the case and on my workbench, tried a different psu ... same result
swapped the cpu with one in another system I had, I have a Maximus V Gene as well ... same result
Tried the flashback bios thing, it seemed to do its thing fine, but still the same issue.
Even tried removing the CPU, and memory to see if I could get a different result, but nope same result.

Any other ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nope think you have about covered it.

Looks like RMA time.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

helidan
Level 10
Battery out for an hour or so. In my experience it can clear up some problems.

OilerNut
Level 8
Did the chat asking for an advance rma,
"I'm sorry, I just realized you are in Canada and we had a recent change and can't offer cross shipping in Canada."

Thanks a lot Asus!

I don't have the cpu cover anymore, so I guess I am screwed and stuck with a dead motherboard.

HiVizMan
Level 40
CPU cover? Dude just ask one of the folks here to send you one. And you can buy them on Ebay for like a £

If you get stuck heck I will send you one from the UK.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.