cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula & Asus GTX680 SLI Set Up

Marwood2
Level 7
Hi, new here and just wanting to know a if anyone has had any heating issues with a Asus GTX 680 SLi set up on a Maximus V Formula Board? i currently have the Asus 680 OC and wanting to add another 🙂 i currently have 1000w PSU is this enough? i7 3770k @4.4 16G Ram Thermaltake Armor Revo Gene Snow case, Samsung 120Hz 27" 3D Monitor any help, suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated....
68 REPLIES 68

Marwood2
Level 7
ok after a long wait and stuffing around (storie in ints self), i finaly have the Asrock extreme9 all together in the case with the 2 x GTX 680's.
Temps are great cards are in slots 1 & 5 top card runs under load at max 60 and bottom card 50 perfect could'nt be happier :).....
Now my only problem is the sli performance is crap!!!! 3dmark with sli disabled 6435 with sli enabled 4474 wtf? have tried everything to fix this with no luck. reseating cards, swaping cards around, bios's back and forth gpu driver updates back and forth. extra power to the borad. im lost cand anyone help. would this be the plx chip problem? both are @3.0 x16 speeds bottleneck? my MVF was heaps better for performance as sli 3dmark score with the same setup was 12225..... Help Required 😞

Marwood2
Level 7
yep complete reinstall of windows 7 64bit twice... am i missing something with this board?

Chino
Level 15
Your problem sounds like the SLI isn't working properly. Can be anything from a defective PCIe lane to a dead PLX chip.

Try putting your GTX 680's in slots 3 & 7 for a little test. Also try using another SLI bridge.

Marwood2
Level 7
tried changing slots to 3 & 7 was not working in these slots.... 😞 as soon as i had done this memory slots A1 & A2 stopped working. to continue my winning ways :)....
So i removed the CPU and found 1 pin bent and it was underneath another pin... would this be causing my drama's for the memory slots and SLI issues?
I will straighten pins tonight and start again 😞 as i had boxed all my parts and but all in the shed in anger!!!! LOL

Guys

having major issues getting SLI to work- I can't get 2nd GTX680 to be seen at all- I have tried different lanes and still not recognised

Both cards work single and on different mobos as well

PSU is 1200 Corsair so plenty power

any ideas

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, knacker.

I'd advise you to make your own thread in this forum so that we can help you better. Don't forget to list your complete system specs as detailed as possible. Thanks.

I've got it sorted now- dodgy power cable not working so SLI'd up baby

Just need to get overclocking settings for me 2700K