Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS V EXTREME - won't boot, no post, no qcode

madnespl
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I was a first run so i mounted it out of case,
Single memory, no HDD, just CPU and GPU .
Connected main power line, eatx12v, and power to GPU.
After power on, Start, Reset and bios light up,
but after pressing start,
mainboard acted as if somthing was missing,
it started for a split second, blinked cpu led and vga led,
moved a little of every fans, and didn't boot,
didn't post or anything for that matter.

Still start, reset, and bios was lit, but wasn't reacting to any action.
I tried Reseting cmos, taking out battery, changing PSU, mounting and dismounitn mPCIE card,
Writing newest and oldest bios firmware, changing RAM and its slot, taking out CPU, cleaning it,
and mounting it again, nothing did the work.
I even tried to start with go button, and crossing the power on pin.
Nothing, every combination gives the same effect

specs that i used:
Asus Maximus V Extreme
Intel i3 2100 with stock cooler
4GB A-data 1600 MHz CL9 (CML8GX3M2A1866C9R)
Msi Radeon 6790
Enermax Revolution+ 1020W
or OCZ Stealt Extrem 2 700W

Please, from the bottom of my heart,
HELP 😉
20 REPLIES 20

Chino
Level 15

madnespl
Level 7
Thanks for warm welcome.

No they're not.

But they are all working in another PC.

madnespl wrote:
Thanks for warm welcome.

No they're not.

But they are all working in another PC.

Can you please indicate which are new and which are used?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please take out the mPcie card and try without it fitted.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

madnespl
Level 7
I tried alredy with mPcie,its in 1st post. Didnt help.

All are used.

Chino
Level 15
With your motherboard still on the box and your CPU installed with its stock heatsink, install one stick of RAM into the DIMM_A2 slot. Make sure nothing else is installed or connected to the motherboard. Now, connect only the 24 pin power connector to the motherboard. Push the Start button. Did the fan on the stock heatsink spin?

meankeys
Level 13
Ram Slots = red or will not post

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please confirm you get no diagnostic codes being posted at all - those are the codes from the two LED poster near the power button. And please confirm that the board powers on briefly fans spin then powers down again.

If that is the case I would take your CPU and the motherboard to be tested - I accept that the stuff worked before but electronics can and do get damaged during shipping or moving from one place to another.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Chino wrote:
With your motherboard still on the box and your CPU installed with its stock heatsink, install one stick of RAM into the DIMM_A2 slot. Make sure nothing else is installed or connected to the motherboard. Now, connect only the 24 pin power connector to the motherboard. Push the Start button. Did the fan on the stock heatsink spin?

Actualy it does spin, so is PSU fan, also cpu led lighting up bright red. Still no codes.

meankeys wrote:
Ram Slots = red or will not post

Thanks, i tired them all just to be sure.

HiVizMan wrote:
Please confirm you get no diagnostic codes being posted at all - those are the codes from the two LED poster near the power button. And please confirm that the board powers on briefly fans spin then powers down again.

If that is the case I would take your CPU and the motherboard to be tested - I accept that the stuff worked before but electronics can and do get damaged during shipping or moving from one place to another.

Confirmed, no diagnostic codes at all. Briefly is too much to say, it tries to spin for a part of seconds, then it stops but start, reset, bios, and clear cmos is still on.