cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus v extreme pci-e 1 problem urgent !!

aladdin74
Level 7
i have a problem of PCI-E 1 continous reboots with my GTX 690 ! with no DVI found post on my screen , this problem happens only when starting or rebooting the system ! provided i tried with another monitor and cable and same happens , its a new build with new core I7 ivy bridge , my old system sandy bridge with gigabyte board was working fine , it all happend with the new build !! can anyone advice me what to do ? i already put the GTX 690 to PCI e 2 slot and till now no reboots ! is it something to be changed in the bios ? a conflict with wifi add on ? do i need to RMA , coz i paid alot of money for this board and i cant stand to have a defect with it , i am also planning to get aother gtx 690 so i need both PCI-E slots , thanx in advance for help
5 REPLIES 5

8_Pack
Level 12
Does the system post ? if not what code does it stop on ? If it posts when it reboots does it bsod with an error code? More detail would help.

8 Pack wrote:
Does the system post ? if not what code does it stop on ? If it posts when it reboots does it bsod with an error code? More detail would help.

thanx for your reply , sometimes the system posts and the other times just fails to boot in the system and if boots the frame rates is down to the ground , i had 2 blue screens after posting with numbers i dont remember now 😞 ..i dont overclock anything even the graphic card , and its now confirmed for me that this happens only with the PCIE 1 and the 2 slot is ok with no problems but i cant disregard the faulty PCIE even if my system is working now , so any ideas ? provided i already cleared the CMOS and have the newest bios update

8_Pack
Level 12
What are your full system specs please including ram and psu. Also when it fails to post what is the code on the post display it halts on ?

RAM is corsair 16 gig 1600
power supply is thermaltake 1200 W
the error code is A something i dont remember 😞

8_Pack
Level 12
AE ????? Is that the vengeance range of RAM 4 sticks??? When you get into windows and get low fps have you tried GPZ to check the speed the card is running at etc??? You should also try running a benchmark or two to check if the values you get on these are correct. For BSOD 116 try disabling HPET in Bios.

Also reseat the card and try different PCI ex connectors from your PSU. Make sure all is connected correctly.