cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Extreme - M5E - can't get into bios at all. I've done a bios flashback too

sweeper240
Level 7
I have a Maximus V Extreme. It as working fine on the stock bios. then I installed the 0704 bios. and all hell broke loose. System won't let me get back into bios at all I've tried everything. I've flashbacked to the original, and it successfully goes back to original (I can tell by initial post graphics "republic of gamers") but still unable to do anything.

See this attached image
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please Clear CMOS this should resolve the issue for you.

And remember you have a B BIOS as a back up. Just switch over to that one if need be.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Please Clear CMOS this should resolve the issue for you.

And remember you have a B BIOS as a back up. Just switch over to that one if need be.

I've pressed the Clear CMOS button near the ROG connect button and i've done that several times.
I have loaded a Fat 32 usb into the white ROG connect usb connection and held the flashback button for 5 seconds till it started flashing and let flashback complete a downgrade...

Please help, I don't know what else to do, could there be jumper for CMOS reset as well?? Where is it?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Did you use the B BIOS at all?

Please do the following.

Remove all the PSU connectors from your motherboard.
Press the clear CMOS button. Count to three.
One stick of ram in the slot furtherest from your CPU.
Mouae and Keyboard
Single VGA
No Hard drive
Connect PSU connectors.
Make sure all the PSU connectors are correctly seated and then power up.

You should POST to BIOS.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Did you use the B BIOS at all?

Please do the following.

Remove all the PSU connectors from your motherboard.
Press the clear CMOS button. Count to three.
One stick of ram in the slot furtherest from your CPU.
Mouae and Keyboard
Single VGA
No Hard drive
Connect PSU connectors.
Make sure all the PSU connectors are correctly seated and then power up.

You should POST to BIOS.

I followed each step precisely but I still only get to the same screen as I attached previously. In another forum (HardOCP) someone told me to hit F1 or F2 and that got me into Bios, its because I don't have a dedicated graphics card attached that I guess the text/graphics where offset and not showing/instructing me what to do properly.

Thanks. And I am upgraded to 0704 bios as well.

8_Pack
Level 12
If you wish once in Bios you can disable the F1 on error option, then only del key will get you into bios and avoid further confusion.

Every time you reset bios fully i.e clear CMOS you need to use F1.

kittendoggie
Level 9
You can send me your BIos chip and I can reprogram it to whatever version you require. Just include some money for the postage.