cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus v extreme audio problem

murk00
Level 7
I have the asus Maximus v extreme motherboard. My problem is I can't get it to detect my rear ports for audio. It shows the front audio, but I cannot get the rear audio, which I don't even have anything setup for front.

I am not familiar with this software from rog, but Iv tried everything I can think of. It's not the speakers also Iv tried 3 sets.

Also when I play audio, in windows it shows that it's receiving audio, just no sound.

Any help would be much appreciated 🙂
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
Have you installed the drivers from the support DVD that came with the motherboard?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

murk00
Level 7
Yeh the Realtek audio drivers from motherboard disk.

HiVizMan
Level 40
On the speaker icon bottom right corner, right click and select playback devices. Ensure that your speakers are selected as the default device and not your HDMI monitor (if you are using a HDMI cable this often happens).
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

murk00
Level 7
So I went and left clicked on speaker and it is not selection, but it wont let me. It says not plugged in. Since its saying its not plugged in, Im not getting a option to do anything there.

The only things that show plugged in our Realtek digital output, and Realtek digital output (optical).

I have it plugged into the rear green audio jack (no idea what to do here)

Any suggestions?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do you have a HDMI cable connected to your graphic card, and what make and model VGA are you using? I get that occasionally with my one HTPC system, the monitor occasionally wants to take over the sound even though it has not speakers. But a simple reboot sorts that out.

Can you confirm that your speakers are working. At the minute I have no idea why your system is not picking up the speakers. I can only suggest that you remove the sound drivers and start a fresh.

sectionate
Level 12
Hate to hijack this thread but I've had this issue for the past 2+ months on my crosshair V. I will keep checking this thread to see if you found the cause. (thread was posted on crosshair section on accident first)
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

murk00 wrote:
I have the asus Maximus v extreme motherboard. My problem is I can't get it to detect my rear ports for audio. It shows the front audio, but I cannot get the rear audio, which I don't even have anything setup for front.

I am not familiar with this software from rog, but Iv tried everything I can think of. It's not the speakers also Iv tried 3 sets.

Also when I play audio, in windows it shows that it's receiving audio, just no sound.

Any help would be much appreciated 🙂

sectionate wrote:
Hate to hijack this thread but I've had this issue for the past 2+ months on my crosshair V. I will keep checking this thread to see if you found the cause. (thread was posted on crosshair section on accident first)

Go to Control Panel
Click on Hardware And Sound
Click Manage Audio Devices
Make sure your speakers are set to the default device (running through your onboard soundcard.

oldbrave
Level 9
Hate to bring this up, but shouldn't this be in the "Intel Motherboard" section ?
After all it is a intel motherboard !
Electronic Smoke Signals From my TechnoTeepee
ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ 990FX, 1703 bios
AMD FX 8350 Vishera @ 5162Mhz [21x245] 1.546v 🙂
Water Cooled - Koolance EX2-1055, CPU 370 WB, Idle=22c Load=52c
32Gb G.Skill Sniper ddr3 1600 8G X 4 , 9-9-9-24 @ 1.55v
ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5, Cat 13.5 beta 2, Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600
SanDisk Extreme 120Gb SSD SATA 6Gb, 250Gb SATA 6Gb, 1Tb SATA 6Gb x2
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair HX1000w PSU

oldbrave wrote:
Hate to bring this up, but shouldn't this be in the "Intel Motherboard" section ?
After all it is a intel motherboard !

?? Maximus is Intel. Unless someone moved this thread then please do ignore me. 🙂