cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Extreme and OC Key failure

drcmptrman
Level 7
I tried attaching the OC Key to my Maximus V Extreme motherboard last night and ran into a problem. I attached the OC Key to my graphics card, then ran the OC Key wire to the port on the motherboard. Then I attached my monitor to the OC Key.

I turned my pc on, then held the ROG button down for three seconds, but nothing happened. The monitor would not display anything, and if the ROG button is supposed to light-up, it didn't.

I then looked at all of my connections again, and noticed that the OC Key wire was not completely seated on the motherboard port. I pushed it in the rest of the way, turned the machine back on, and then all of the led lights for cpu, gpu, boot and memory lit-up. The board would not boot at all.

I then removed the OC Key wire from the port on the motherboard, started the pc again, and it booted without issue.

Question is, did I do something wrong, or is the OC Key connection on my motherboard an issue? Do I need to set-up anything in the BIOS? If anyone else has encountered this issue, please let me know.
2 REPLIES 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you followed the instructions on page 2-25 to the letter then the OC Key should have worked for you.

I have not had any issues with the Maximus board and the OC key as yet.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

8_Pack
Level 12