cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Ranger - 2 fans on 1 header

Stinoo
Level 7
The Asus Maximus Ranger VII has 3 4-pin connectors for casefans, but I'm using 5 casefans.

Is it possible to use this 3-pin Y connector to connect two fans to one header on the motherbord?
I know I won't be able to adjust the fan speeds seperately, but I'm only wondering if the motherbord can deliver the power required for 2 fans on just one 4-pin header.

I'll be using 2 x Zalman ZM-F2 PLUS 92mm fan, which will always be kept under 1500 RPM rather than 2800 RPM.
4 REPLIES 4

Raja
Level 13
The headers can supply 1 amp maximum. For sake of being conservative I would stay 10% lower than that long term.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
The headers can supply 1 amp maximum. For sake of being conservative I would stay 10% lower than that long term.

Thanks for the response Raja, I'll try to find out how much the fans use. Cheers.

Stinoo
Level 7
In case anyone has the same question:

I've received my 3-pin Y Connector and succesfully connected two 92mm red led fans to one header on the motherboard.
Works like a charm:)

volts240
Level 7
just what i need thanks raja
Devils Canyon Intel i7-4970K ~ Asus Maximus Ranger VII ~ 16 GB HyperX Beast ~ Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 - 2280 SSD ~ CPU Cooler Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid ~ PSU: Thermaltake Smart M 850W 80+ Windows Home Premium x64