cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z - VCCSA / VCCIO GOT THE SAME VALUE ?!

IronAge
Level 7
I bought the GENE-Z and sold my P8P67 Pro.

I think there is a major mistake or design flaw in the Bios Setup of the GENE-Z.

VCCSA and VCCIO got no sperate settings. When i set VCCIO VCCSA gets the same value.

VCCIO value is way higher than VCCSA and it goes over Intel recommendations for VCCSA ...

Please bring up a bios fix for this ASAP.

We need to be able to enter different values for VCCSA and VCCIO.
30 REPLIES 30

Thats not the point.

Actually your Z68 boards run 1155 CPUs over intel electrical specification PER DEFAULT - with or without overclocking.

When i overclocked my CPU i have always been within Intel electrical specifications for Sandy Bridge CPUs

I refuse to accept that your product forces me to run my CPU out of intel electrical specification.

IronAge wrote:
Thats not the point.

Actually your Z68 boards run 1155 CPUs over intel electrical specification PER DEFAULT - with or without overclocking.

When i overclocked my CPU i have always been within Intel electrical specifications for Sandy Bridge CPUs

I refuse to accept that your product forces me to run my CPU out of intel electrical specification.

No you have NOT - the Intel voltage guidelines are based upon current which is proportional to frequency. So you are outside Intel specifcations as soon as you alter the processors operating frequency as this alters the power curve.

If you were so concerned about specs, you would not be running your CPUs at 5GHz.

You are welcome to find any Z68 iGPU output board that allows you to set VCCSA separately to VCCIO.

thats what you claim - please show me the page in the electrical specification where i can read that ?!

And your wrong about that my CPU ALWAYS ran within electrical specification which can be read in the document 324641-001

lets say somebody buys a ASUS Z68 motherboard and runs it Sandy Bridge CPU @ stock clock rate - no overclocking.

your Z68 products provides voltage to the SA out of intel specs - that is a given fact.

Will you provide a replacement when the board fries the CPU ?

i will most likely take the GENE-Z back the dealer - since i want to decide weather my motherboard runs my CPU out of electrical specification or not.

IronAge wrote:
thats what you claim - please show me the page in the electrical specification where i can read that ?!

And your wrong about that my CPU ALWAYS ran within electrical specification which can be read in the document 324641-001

lets say somebody buys a ASUS Z68 motherboard and runs it Sandy Bridge CPU @ stock clock rate - no overclocking.

your Z68 products provides voltage to the SA out of intel specs - that is a given fact.

Will you provide a replacement when the board fries the CPU ?

i will most likely take the GENE-Z back the dealer - since i want to decide weather my motherboard runs my CPU out of electrical specification or not.

Anyone who understands the relationship between current and voltage should know that a voltage specification is based upon power (wattage) and since wattage is a derivative of V * A, there 's your answer. In processors current is proportional to frequency, so any offset to frequency changes current which in turn changes the TDP of the CPU (and its maximum current draw). Scour through the Intel white papers and I bet you will find a disclaimer on warranty for overclocking (every white paper I've ever read has a disclaimer somewhere around the DC specs).

As I said all Z68 boards that output an iGPU display signal are made this way, so if you are not happy, might be better to go back to a P67 board.

-Raja

proportional to current within intel electrical specification !!!

It is possible to stay within electrical specification WITH overclocking - and you know that.

there is a range for many voltages vor VCCSA it is 0.925 to 0.9271 - your motherboards provides 1.050 and more per default.

considering the small range for VCCSA 1.050 is WAY OVER intel electrical specification - even WITHOUT overclocking at all.

i will be trying another brand probably and see if it got the same electrical design - i doubt that all Z68 with iGPU output got this ...

IronAge wrote:
proportional to current within intel electrical specification !!!

It is possible to stay within electrical specification WITH overclocking - and you know that.

This statement is against the laws of physics - you do not understand the relationship of voltage and current so are misconstruing the electrical specifications. The white papers are written for people who understand fundamental relationships between voltage and current and are not meant as an electrical 101 to school students. You are welcome to contact Intel for clarification on the voltage specifications.

-Raja

I am working in computer industries for over 20 Years now - you dont need to explain something about electrics to me.

Maybe you should stop trying to insult people that are worried about it that an ASUS motherboard runs a Intel CPU out of electrical specification @ default clock rate.

it does it WITHOUT overclocking too - right ?! and that is the point. i will contact intel - and let you know - don't worry. 😉

Raja
Level 13
Based upon stock opertaing freqeuncy only:

Raja
Level 13
Before you contact Intel, be sure to read this part of the whitepaper, which should show you why 5GHz has nothing to do with the specs:

i know all that - surprise. but i am pleased that you took the time read the document too. 😉

as a matter of fact Asus Z68 motherboards provide out of range voltage to the SA @ default clock rate too.

Not just when overclocking but ALWAYS out of electrical specification as stated in the intel document.