cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3 working on iGPU

hechter
Level 7
Hi Roggers,

First of all, i want to share my proud from having so great MOBO as Maximus, i`m using ASUS from near 10 years, never complained to much 😛

But now, i have to tall You about freaking me out problem.
Havent yet GPU (waititng for new NVidia cards) and working only on iGPU, so video signal going via HDMI cable to monitor (using LG32LK430).
When first time installed WIN7, i`ve also installed video drivers from:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20842&ProdId=3425〈=eng&OSVersion=Wind...

And my suprised goes to clouds, when, after restart video singal just dissapeared... Last picture was WIN7 startup screen, next was only .
- Damn - I thought - i did something wrong... Then i`ve upgraded BIOS to 3203, reinstalled WIN7, on BIOS set as primary GPU->iGPU, switched Lucid Virtu OFF, a installed again video drivers from mentione Intel website.
AGAIN :mad::mad::mad:

So, i have to install WIN again... Chill... Installed, but without video drivers, and its working enough good to watch internet, watch movies... Problems are games. I know, that i should buy a GPU, but on iGPU should go old games, like Civilization4!!! Or having a modest requirements CODWM2. Intead, afterr installing those games i`ve seen issues like below.

Of course directx 11 installed:

Pls help, i˛m running out of ideas...
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k @3,3GHz/1V
MOBO: ASUS Maximus GENE-Z/GEN3
RAM: 2x4 GB A-Data Plus
GPU: iGPU 😞
HDD: Samsung HD 103SJ 1TB
PSU: XFX 550W
2 REPLIES 2

ROG_Sic
Level 7
i had a similar experience, i had a hard time booting using the igpu with my maximu genez gen3 that time i was resetting everything coz im doin some cleaning on the cpu case and i reapply thermal paste. i set igpu as primary and disable lucid still doesnt worked (NO SIGNAL, monitor just keeps blinking), though i installed the igpu drivers that time.. im using hdmi cable, changing to dvi doesnt seem to work also. 😞

Yes, and how did You solve problem? Buying a Radeon? 🙂

I need to know, how to kill this issue without buying new card 🙂
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k @3,3GHz/1V
MOBO: ASUS Maximus GENE-Z/GEN3
RAM: 2x4 GB A-Data Plus
GPU: iGPU 😞
HDD: Samsung HD 103SJ 1TB
PSU: XFX 550W