cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV Gene-Z Debug 34

Yamato
Level 7
Hi,

As the title suggests, my gene-z mobo is giving me the debug code of 34. I was getting this before so i RMA my gpu but it still gives me a debug 34.

I have tried the usual fixes: re-seating ram, gpu, and I have tried both the modular 12V cables and the one inbuilt into the PSU.

The system works fine, allowing me to enter windows etc. when I use the on-board graphics as well as my old gpu (ati 5450)

Can anyone help me out here because I have done an RMA on my gpu (different serial no.) and am still getting the same problem

Specs:
i7 2600k
ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600mhz 1.5v 9-9-9-24 (CMZ8GX3M2A11600C9)
EVGA gtx570HD superclocked
Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 800W
1 REPLY 1

LA_Kings_Fan
Level 7
Debuging Error Code 34, post codes 32-36: CPU post-memory initialization;

- check to be sure your CPU Chip is seated properly. {Also double check for bent pins, dust, hair or something like that}
- check to be sure your memory modules are seated properly.
- memory modules shopuld be 1.5v max (voltage above that CAN potentially cause issues with Sandy-Bridge)
- check to be sure your GPU card is seated properly and/or the PCI-E power cables are securly plugged in TIGHT to the card.
- check to be sure ALL your Sata power Cable connections to HDD, Optical Drive, etc. are secure.
- Double check ALL PSU power connections. {Makes sure you have the 4+4 (8) pin conectors in, YES remove that plastic cap, as well as the 24 pin}
- Be sure you are running the most current OFFICIAL ASUS BIOS ... currently Bios #0902.
- Double check to make sure the ROG switch on the MotherBoard (see manual for location) wasn't accidently switched on.

Read more here = http://www.overclock.net/t/1004219/official-asus-rog-maximus-iv-gene-z68-z68-gen3-owners-club/4070#p...

ALSO this was Raja@ASUS suggestion :
- Remove power from the Board.
- Remove CPU from the socket.
- Clear CMOS (Important to do this with CPU removed from socket)
- Insert only ONE DRAM module into the LAST Slot
- Insert CPU & Cooler
- Power up and see if the Board will at least POST
My Rig:
MoBo - Asus MaximusIVGene-Z68
CPU - Core i7 2600k
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U9B SE2
RAM - 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z 1866 DDR3
2 x GPU(s) - 2 @ Sapphire R9 290X's
3 x SSD Drive's - Corsair Neutron XT 240 GB, Crucial M4 128 GB, Crucial M4 64 GB
2 x HDD Drive's - WD Cav Black 2 TB , WD Cav Black 1TB
PSU - eVGA Supernova 1000 P2 80+ Platinum
Case - Corsair Obsidian 450D
Monitor - HP w2207h Widescreen {x2}
OS - MS Win 7 Pro {64 bit SP1}