Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z Northbridge temps

NastyCircus
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I'm new in here.

I was wondering how i can to check the northbridge and southbridge temperatures?(of the MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z of course), i use AIDA software, realtemp and CPUID HWM but can't detect the temps or there's no sensor for each chipset. i only get the southbridge voltage.

I use the thermo-sensor that it came with the motherboard into the southbridge heatsink, i get 50º C, i feel the northbridge heatsink cooler than the Z68 chipset. but how can i know in real numbers?

by the way, once the ROG led was blinking and the intensity was variating. WHY?
(all my voltage LED was/are in green)

These are my PC specs:

CPU_ Intel 2600k Sandy Bridge
CPU COOLER: Hyper 212 plus: (39ºC idle - 50º Full load OC 4.2Ghz)
RAM _ 8GB Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz DDR3 (dual channel)
HDD_ WD 500 GB 7200rpm
PSU_ Corsair HX850
GPU_GeForce210 (waiting for Quadro 400 for render)

Hope you can help me, 🙂

Regards.

P. Echeverría.
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Northbridge in the historical meaning as such with Intel current chip-sets is a thing of the past. The IMC (internal memory controller) is now located on die of your CPU. So where before the NB thermal management was key to a successful overclock today that is less so.

The HWM pretty much provides you with all the sensing information anyone needs with SB.

Any particular concern that has prompted this inquiry?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Northbridge in the historical meaning as such with Intel current chip-sets is a thing of the past. The IMC (internal memory controller) is now located on die of your CPU. So where before the NB thermal management was key to a successful overclock today that is less so.

The HWM pretty much provides you with all the sensing information anyone needs with SB.

Any particular concern that has prompted this inquiry?

Yes, week ago i had a problem with my psu (get blocked for any surge) i was worry about the motherboard for any damage on sensor. even the ROG LED, was blinking once, like it variates the voltage very fast while i was working on the PC.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I suggest you enable logging to file for whichever software application you are using to monitor your hardware that way you will see if there is any wild variations in your voltages under normal load.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.