cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV Extreme-Z can't get wake on lan to work

Retired
Not applicable
Any help would be appreciated, I've turned wake on PCI-E to enabled in the bios, but no go. On other Sandy Bridge mobo's that's all I've had to do. This is a must have feature for me.
8 REPLIES 8

Raja
Level 13
Hi,

What UEFI version are you using?

Check the Intel driver properties for WOL - ensure it is enabled if you are trying to pull the system out of S3.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
I'm using the latest uefi (0403, but it wasn't working with the first one either) and pulling it out of g3, so the driver can't be the problem.

Raja
Level 13
Just to clarify the information in the above post: Are you waking the board out of S3 with a wake packet to LAN?

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
No, it's out of the G3 system state, full hardware power off.

Retired
Not applicable
OK I got it working now!

Retired
Not applicable
@evlfred,

How did you get the Wake on Lane (WOL) to work on the Maximus IV Extreme? I just got the motherboard and don't know it and the bios too well yet, so would you please be able to write out a complete step-by-step guide on what you did, all the settings and changes and everything that needed to happen in order to successfully enable Wake on Lan. All changes, both from the hardware Motherboard Bios, and also from within the operating system (Windows 7 x64) please.

Thank you very much

chrsplmr
Level 18
Not to get in the way here..
I just had to [(enable) repost on S3] on a C5F.

If thats apples and this is oranges...sorry..c.

worldcitizen191
Level 7
What exactly do I have to change in bios to get WOL? Can someone kindly direct me please?