cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV Extreme - QCODE "00" and Red CPU_LED

lxwrencus
Level 7
Hello all, please be patient with me as this is my first post.

After a two days of troubleshooting, I am stumped with fixing my Maximus IV Extreme, which has the Q-CODE "00" and the CPU_LED illuminated in red.

Here is what I have tried:
*Tried three CPUs (3770K, 2600K and Celeron G530) - the 2600K and G530 need BIOS revisions after the one that came factory installed (Version 2001).

*Tried lots of memory, which is on the QVL - and tried without memory, all of which caused the 00 code.

*Tried three power supplies - even the one from my main rig.

*Tried system out of the case on the box - no luck.

*A 780Ti (has been working in the rig for a while now) a 6770 and a GTS450

*Tried both BIOS chips - both cause 00

*Tried USB bios flashback, BIOS seems to update OK, but error 00 persists after cycling power and clearing CMOS several times.

*I have inspected the CPU socket for bent pins and all seems OK - have shone a torch on the pins and cant see any bent pins.

I presume the culprit is most likely to be the motherboard as I know all of the components I have tested with are known working items from other computers - I would process an RMA but I cant find my original purchase date - so I cant register it (besides, I have a feeling that it is out of warranty anyway.)

Any suggestions are very welcome 🙂 Cheers for your help.
BTW - Sorry if I have posted in the wrong place...
20 REPLIES 20

Decoman
Level 7
Maybe there is some goo inside the RAM slots on the mainboard. My motherboard of same type wouldn't start up the very first time to my surprise, and on closer inspection I found some goo on the contact plate on one of the ram sticks.

Only thing I can think of myself.