cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus iv extreme pcie slots doesn't work.

apulunas
Level 7
hello folk,
i am a maximus iv extreme user, i recently bought my second 280x graphic card but my computer just don't recognize it. my first card is in first pcie slot and i tried second card on 3rd and 4th pcie slots but system didn't recognize it. anybody experienced same problem?

my psu is 1000 watt 80+
3 REPLIES 3

kkn
Level 14
did you flip tge dip switch to enable the lane? ( if you have ).
can you see it inside bios??
try and switch the cards and try new in slot 1 and see if it works ( just use 1 card at a time ) this to test just in case the card may be DOA or just messed up pcie lane or driver problem.
can you list full system specs??

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please ensure that your new card works. Swap it out with the working one and test it.

Then test with the working card that each of your PCIe lanes are working.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

apulunas
Level 7
apulunas wrote:
hello folk,
i am a maximus iv extreme user, i recently bought my second 280x graphic card but my computer just don't recognize it. my first card is in first pcie slot and i tried second card on 3rd and 4th pcie slots but system didn't recognize it. anybody experienced same problem?

my psu is 1000 watt 80+

if you mean pcie switches yes i tried them too. i can't see any graphic card in bios O.o, which part of bios this? i am currently using the new card, old one is in the slot 3.