cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV Extreme + Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance

Retired
Not applicable
Maximus IV Extreme + Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance

I cant get this to work 😞 I get what appears to be a #53 just that the 5 is clear
its missing the bar on the left-hand side ie.below
_
_
_|

They system will not boot, at one point it did but it went on a endless loop. The red screen, then the Mavell something screen, then to updating firmware screen. Are there any settigns i have to change to make this memory work?

Its a new build
i7 2600k stock cooler
Corsiar Vengeance
Corsair 1200 Gold Power
MSI N570GTX-M2D12D5 GeForce GTX 570
11 REPLIES 11

Raja
Level 13
Have you recently flashed the BIOS? The firmware updating happens after flashing BIOS - the board should be left alone to go through a few boot cycles.

Use a single stick of memory and see what happens at first.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
I tried 1 -2 and 4 sticks , it doesn't want to allow me into the bios, could i go into the bios without ram?

vze2hhvj wrote:
I tried 1 -2 and 4 sticks , it doesn't want to allow me into the bios, could i go into the bios without ram?

No, you cannot go into BIOS without RAM. Use one stick only, if the board POSTs, wait for the ROMs to udpate (might take a few minutes) - let it reboot a few times and see if the splash screen comes up. Press delete after that and you should get into UEFI. If that does not work, something deeper is amiss. You can also try booting from the second BIOS (again use only one stick of RAM).

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
I tried letting it stay on but its stuck on error 53 but look at my 53 , the led seems to not fully work, on all the numbers its missing the left hand side. Another symptom is when i press the power button it powers on then with in 3 sec it turns off....8 sec later it powers on and stays on at error 53.

Raja
Level 13
Hi,

Try the second BIOS - if that does not work you will have to ask for an RMA.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
RMA it is 😛

Retired
Not applicable
Hmmmm, same issue here too. Board is brand new out of the box. Doesn't detect new RAM that I got for this new build, not did it detect RAM from my current build.

BIOS hasn't been flashed, though am considering it. Any further tips or suggestions before returning to supplier?

Shub0xx wrote:
Hmmmm, same issue here too. Board is brand new out of the box. Doesn't detect new RAM that I got for this new build, not did it detect RAM from my current build.

BIOS hasn't been flashed, though am considering it. Any further tips or suggestions before returning to supplier?

What POST code is the board halting at?

Turn off power at AC, remove the CPU and DRAM, then clear CMOS. Re-insert CPU and one module of memory in slot 4 (furthest from CPU). Turn power back and and see if the board will POST.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
It runs through a series of numbers, sits on 22 for a while, and then 53 comes up with the beep sequence one long, 2 short, then repeats.

I did as you suggested, and the same thing happens. scrolls through the pre post numbers, and then 53 pops up.

Anything else I can try?