cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV E refuses to post

Andrew_Kinnersl
Level 7
Hi.

1st time i've ever actually needed visit or post about an ASUS product in well ever..
and i have some really old kit knocking about and still running.. 😄

Anyway basic story is i was gaming away on Skyrim a few weeks ago and i hear a fizzle/small pop and thats good night from my PC. (It's been a few weeks as i had another bored to keep me up and running).

All the other components in the PC are fine and have been benched and tested via the other Pc now.
The board was running a H70 cooler, i7 2600k (OC@4.4), corsair vengeance (8gb 1600mhz), GTX 570 and 2 gtx 260's, and a full set of typhoon fans (ok OTT number i know, but its a bit warm in this room at times), 1 SSD and 3 HDD's.

The Issue:
The board itself refuses to even post, the led's and diagnostic POST/Status LED flicker on and off randomly and thats all i can get out of it, I've looked the bored over several times but i can't see a single burn or blown component.

Tested solutions/failures:
Removing all components, removing the battery and allowing the bios to drain, alternative PSU, full dustdown and clean over, resetting the CPU, booting with only CPU or CPU ram.

If anyone has any more ideas i'd be grateful but i get the feeling this is well beyond the poking it to make it work solutions.

Ah also (and yup stupid fubar) does anyone know is ASUS will still honor a warranty if you didn't register the product but do have proof of purchase? (which is from 04/04/11).

Cheers
Drew
1 REPLY 1

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate

The RMA process is via the retailer you bought your board from in the UK. Please contact them and start the RMA process.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.