4x4 Gb Corsair Vengance LP RAM
Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler
ASUS GTX580 DirectCu
Fatality 750W power supply
2x 1Tb Hitachi 7k1000D
2x Samsung DVD writers
Icy Box front bay card reader
Corsair 500R

I put everything together nicely with no problems. I turned it on and i got the splash screen, i went to the EFI BIOS and checked everything was detected and it was. I pressed F10 to save and exit. upon exiting the computer turned off and now when i try and turn it back on again, it will turn on for about 5 seconds and then turn off. Doesn't even display anything on screen. the Debug code on the motherboard says 04, which corresponds to 'pch initialization before microcode loading' . I don't actually know what that means and i have tried searching the internet for help but have had no luck.

If i clear CMOS i can get it to turn on again and i see the splash screen but then i get stuck in the same vicious circle where it wont turn on after exiting BIOS.

Hoping someone on here know how to fix this or if i need to replace the board, which i really don't want to have to do.

All tips and help are greatly appreciated
16 REPLIES 16

I didn't think so.

Does anyone have any vague idea on how to fix this or do i need to send it back for replacement?

I'm not really bothered which i have to do, but obviously i'd have to wait for a replacement

HiVizMan
Level 40
So the board is still non-responsive?

Or have you managed to get the board to work?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I'm back at the same problem where i can get into the BIOS after clearing CMOS. once i leave the BIOS and restart the pc, it wont even display the splash screen and turn off after a few seconds. I can then clear the CMOS and start all over again. endless circle of fustration.

HiVizMan
Level 40
My friend RMA that board. It should not be behaving in that manner at all.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

That's what i thought, oh well. hopefully the next will work *fingers crossed*

Jibatsu wrote:
That's what i thought, oh well. hopefully the next will work *fingers crossed*

Good luck, i hope ur next Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 will work bcs it's a nice board, i can tell i got one myself ^^

That's exactly why i got it. it's a nice board and isn't too big either, fits everything i need.

fingers crossed everybody!