cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus III formula thermal pad

Area_66
Level 11
Hi, I decided to remove the EK block from this motherboard, and I don't remember if the large heat sink over the p55 PCH was mounted with thermal paste or thermal pad. At the same time, what is the chips mounted with thermal paste under the ROG logo?

Have a nice day everyone
5 REPLIES 5

Raja
Level 13
It may have been a hard paste. You can replace it with something non-conductive like Ceramique. The other chips will probably be regulators.

-Raja

thanks Raja , for the chip under the ROG logo it's not a regulator, I will take a pic and post it here when I'm gone remove the Water block, ( I'm waiting for my order of thermal pad for the vrm as I don't want re use the old one)

Area_66
Level 11
Ok Raja, I found the misterious chips, it's a ICS 9LPRS140CKLF, so a clock generator any reason why it's under a heatsink ?

Area_66
Level 11
Ok I don't receive my 0,5 mm thermal pad today, and I have only 1,0 mm on hand, will it make a big difference, actually I think it can be as good as the 0,5 was nearly not touching in the middle, we are talking about the one under the regulator

Raja
Level 13
You can leave the clockgen without thermal paste or a pad if you wish - I doubt it will change the performance in any way you will notice as they generally run cool.

-Raja