cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus hero vii error code 00

Cristianop
Level 7
Hey on Saturday I built up together with my friend my complete new computer. For both of us it was the first time doing this. So we used the manual to connect eeverything. In our opinion everything is connected correctly (24pin/8pin power for mb), both ram modules on a2/b2 (dual channel). Hdd ssd and blu ray player sata cable. All fans and all components are connected to psu. The cpu fan also correct. MB hast those gold screws.
Checked all connections if they are correctly and they are. Checked if cpu is correct installed and it is. USB 2/3,HD audio everything okay. So when I turn on the pc the mb turns red and all the fans turn on, blu ray and hdd/ssd seem also to work and I get error code 00. The cpu, VGA and ram led don't turn on they are just off. No beep nothing. Pressing reset doesn't change anything.
I have the monitor connected directly to mb (waiting for my gtx 970).

My configuration

Asus maximus hero vii
Intel 4790k
stock Intel cpu fan (waiting for true spirit 140 power)
Samsung 840 evo ssd
western digital hdd
16gb ram Corsair vengeance lp black dual kit
550w be quiet dark power pro 10

Is there maybe something damaged? How can I check that?
or did I maybe connect something wrong? Good question lol xD
8 REPLIES 8

philly_cheese_s
Level 8
Hello Cristianop,
Is the memory on the mother board list as compatible? If you click the link in my signature, it shows you how to do a blind flash back. Can you try doing that, also you may have to do the renamer for the newest bios. the 00 post is a corrupted bios and is fixable.....

read the first review in my link here
Maximus hero vii

Cristianop
Level 7
The for your quick reply. Your signature link refers to x99 boards???
Latest bios is 1104 correct???
The link in your post doesn't work

No I didn't check if ram are mb compatible

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Cristianop and Welcome to ROG.
Unfortunately Qcode 00 is undocumented, however imo, I think it is a hardware failure, Either CPU or DIMMs. Even ASUS support will not comment on this reserved Code, however if you search via Google, There are many opinions on different Forums.

Also, You are on the limit regarding your PSU as it will not allow any headroom whatsoever, especially if you want to OC., and when you install your GPU it will fail imo.

You should always check that you DIMMs are QVL certified for your MB to avoid problems. It doesn't mean the ones you have wont work, but the ones listed on the QVL have been tested in conjunction with your MB.

You can try to post with just one DIMM in the first slot and see how you go. 😄
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi Cristianop and Welcome to ROG.
Unfortunately Qcode 00 is undocumented, however imo, I think it is a hardware failure, Either CPU or DIMMs. Even ASUS support will not comment on this reserved Code, however if you search via Google, There are many opinions on different Forums.

Also, You are on the limit regarding your PSU as it will not allow any headroom whatsoever, especially if you want to OC., and when you install your GPU it will fail imo.

You should always check that you DIMMs are QVL certified for your MB to avoid problems. It doesn't mean the ones you have wont work, but the ones listed on the QVL have been tested in conjunction with your MB.

You can try to post with just one DIMM in the first slot and see how you go. 😄

Okay I checked ram modules and they are not listed in manual. There are two different in the manual :

One with the exact model no. But incorrect timings cl10 instead of cl9

And one with the exact model no. And timings but just 8gb instead of 16gb.

I have another question the 24pin connector I've correct installed. But where to put the 8pin? I put it right beside the 24pin. But in the manual under number one there are t different slots for it (the second left above the cpu).

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Cristianop.
The 8 pin socket is located at the top of your MB, left of the CPU and must be populated. Your PSU will have both cables, a 24 pin and 8 pin.

There are two sets of Corsair DIMMs I would recommend @1866MHz x 16GB for either 2 or 4 slot config. These Dominator modules are excellent and listed on the QVL.
CORSAIR CMD16GX3M2A1866C9 (Ver5.29)(XMP) 16GB ( 2x 8GB ) DS @1866 - (9-9-9-27) 1.5 volt
CORSAIR CMD16GX3M4A1866C9 (Ver4.13)(XMP) 16GB ( 4x 4GB ) DS @1866 - (9-10-9-27) 1.5 volt

There is little to be gained with higher frequency modules for gaming.

Hope this helps and good luck.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Thx for all advices. Problem was that I really forgot to plug in the 8pin left above the cpu. So the cpu hadn't any power and couldn't run without juice. Installing Windows right now.

OwenR
Level 7
I had a similar problem in my new build and the cause was a bad PSU. Swapping in my older 600w unit solved the problem. Before messing with everything under the sun (RAM, CPU, cooler, etc) check main power cables and PSU. Even if your board LEDs are lit up it doesn't mean the PSU isn't faulty.

i have the code 00 it was fine yesterday there's nothing wrong everything is working all the fans are running but don't know what that code means