cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero VII Analog Input not detected

Duscha
Level 7
Dear fellow ROG enthusiasts,

I'm seeking your assistance in regards of my Audio problems. I already spent countless hours trying various suggested solutions, but to no avail.

The underlying issue: I'm unable to hear any sound out of my Maximus Hero VII Rear AND front ports as of now. In other words my system doesn't recognize any analog Audio devices plugged in. I just build my new system last week and I didn't test the Audio right away until yesterday. I would say I'm experienced in regards of computer hardware and so far I was able to troubleshoot all my previous problems. This time I'm out of ideas.

Initially I just tested with my headphone jack plugged into front or rear panel. I also used older iPhone in-ear headphones and a plug and play speaker which is powered by USB and outputs through a 3.5mm stereo plug. Unfortunately I don't have any other analog sound equipment laying around to test the output. Both my headphones got a two-way cable with remote and volume control attached. I can hear some popping sound while changing from AC97 to HD Audio while my systems detects the Headphone Impedance.

Both of my headphones and the speakers do work without any issue on my notebook 3.5mm plug though. I did read about Audio problems of two-way cables on PC's. Altough the Creative Aurvana 2 isn't unpopular and I didn't read of any similiar problems. While there's planty of problems regarding Realtek drivers.

While taking the screenshot I got bot my headphones plugged into the front and rear panel:

Now here's the thing: my separate USB microphone is getting recognized by the system after plugging it in. It is then listed as a Speaker in the Playback tab and as a Microphone in the Recording tab. If I plug my Headphones into the 3.5mm plug on my Yeti USB Microphone I'm able to hear sound. Crazy. Neither the USB microphone nor the headphones are then showing up in SupreFX Sound Manager. No matter the settings I try. See the picture below.

I will tell you what I did so far:
1) installed multiple clean Windows 7 Pro(mostly)/Ultimate or Windows 8.1 on SSD or HDD
2) I always installed the latest drivers in various order, namely:
- Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility V10.0.17 64bit
- Intel(R) Management Engine Interface V10.0.0.1204 64bit
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 344.60 [including High Definition Audio]
- Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7272 [both from ASUS website or Realtek directly]
3) in the BIOS I switched from HD Audio to AC97 and back for the front panel configuration

Additionally I tried the following solutions:
- the sound output is NOT muted!
- installed the K-Lite Codec and other media players
- I switched the Supreme FX options:
1) AC97 Front Panel/HD Audio Front Panel
2) Mute the rear output/front and rear output simultaneously
3) tie up same input jacks/separate all input jacks as independent input devices
4) enable/disable auto popup dialog
- removed the Audio HD driver in the device manager

Possible errors I could think of:
- driver issue (hopefully)
- the motherboard is defective
- the two-way cable on the headphones isn't working properly
- buy a dedicated soundcard. I was planning to do that anyway next year, but not for now. By all means it's quite a waste with these headphones at this point.

While switching to AC97 in the SupremeFX options a Realtek HD Audio 2nd output does show up on the Playback list and is listed as a Front Speaker in the preferences. Switching from HD Audio to AC97 in UEFI doesn't have any effect:

What else can I do? I would like to rule out any possible stupid erros before RMAing the motherboard. Any help is highly appreciated. My deepest gratitude in advance!

Below you'll find my system specifications:

CPU: i7-4970K
MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero [BIOS 2012]
RAM: 2*8GB G.Skill Trident X 2400
GPU: GTX 970 4GB MSI
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB
Case: Fractal Design Define R4
PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 750W

Headphones: Creative Aurvana Live 2
Microphone: Blue Yeti USB
Monitor: Dell U2414H
2 REPLIES 2

Duscha
Level 7
No any idea?

Praz
Level 13
Hello

RMA the motherboard. For future reference SupremeFX is not an option for USB connected devices.