cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Formula VI problem

Ledya
Level 7
Hi,

The process is as follows, i cleaned installed windows 7 pro, then used the upgrade cd for windows 8. Then install all the drivers of the board. The computer says encounters a problem while loading windows... restore point brings back to before.

Now when I install windows 7, then install all the drivers of the board, then upgrade the windows 8. I have to reinstall the wifi drivers. But when I do a full drivers installation i got back to windows encountered a problem.

Why is this happening?
So basically if i want in the future reinstall the drivers for whatever reason I can't much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Corsair_Riker
Level 10
Are you installing the drivers using the disc provided with motherboard?

If you are using the disc - I would recommended downloading the drivers from the support page instead - http://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

If the issue still happens even with the downloaded drivers - I would recommend doing a reboot after each driver install (i.e. install one driver at a time and reboot after each install) - in order to find out which driver is causing the issue for you.
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Maximus VI Formula (BIOS 0804)
CPU: Intel i5-4670k
HDD 1: Samsung SSD 250G 840BW EVO
HDD 2: Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB Caviar Blue 7200rpm
RAM: 16gb (2x8) G. Skill RipJawsX DDR3-2133
PSU: Seasonic X-Series 750W 80 Plus Gold
GPU: Gigabyte GV-N770OC-4GD
CASE: Fractal Design Define R4
OPTICAL DRIVE: Pioneer BDR-209DBK
MONITOR: Samsung S24C300HL; BenQ E2200HD
Other: MS Wired 600; Logitech MX 310; Sennheiser PC 151 & Logitech Z150

HiVizMan
Level 40
How are you trying to install Win8 and which version?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Ledya
Level 7
Hi. I dont have Windows 8. I have Windows 7 pro then I use the Windows 8.0 pro upgrade. Anyway when I install 7 I can install all drivers fine. But after Windows 8 upgrade the asmedia sata causes Windows to encounter problem while loading have to restore. Also after upgrade have to reinstall WiFi drivers. What does asmedia sata driver do? Is my board damaged?

HiVizMan
Level 40
I do not know if your board is damaged, I think not.

Which SATA port do you have your OS hard drive fitted too?

And when you install your OS only have the OS hard drive fitted please. Once you have finished the entire process you can fit the other hard drives if you have them later at your leisure.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Ledya
Level 7
Will try it thanks