cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAximus Extreme IV-Z Problems with "double booting"

whiggy
Level 7
Hello @ all!

Since I have the Maximus Extreme IV-Z Mainboard, I have problems that my PC is often booting twice.
On the first boot, the fans are running and after few seconds, the pc is shut down. On the second boot I get my Windows desktop without problems and the system runs stable.

I've no special OC settings only vcore on 1,36 and multi 47. It runs prime stable. But the doble boot affect occurs.

Has anybody a solution?
9 REPLIES 9

Thomas
Level 10
Hi Whiggy,

If you remove the overclock and load the XMP do you still get the same symptoms?

Also, make sure you are using BIOS 1004 from the following link:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_IV_ExtremeZ/#download
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey Whiggy welcome to the forum.

Does this only happen when you power you system on after a complete power down. If yes then it is quite normal with the Chip-set. What happens after a hard boot is your system needs to retrain the memory each time.

If not as I have described then provide full details such as all hardware attached to the motherboard. BIOS version and settings. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Hey Whiggy welcome to the forum.

Does this only happen when you power you system on after a complete power down. If yes then it is quite normal with the Chip-set. What happens after a hard boot is your system needs to retrain the memory each time.

If not as I have described then provide full details such as all hardware attached to the motherboard. BIOS version and settings. 🙂

Great point HiVizMan!
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

I have the the newest BIOS installed. It occurs sometimes not only when I complete disconnect from power.
It occurs appro. on 3 from 10 reboots.

I have the same problem but i don't think it's unusual...the bios settings are the problem,i tweaked the cpu parameters and the digi vrm settings - from there is the "problem".

😞 It should not be on an premium oc mainboard.

whiggy wrote:
😞 It should not be on an premium oc mainboard.

Which aspect should not be, the fact of the matter is that is how Intel designed the CPU to work. There are a number or circumstances that causes the CPU to retrain the memory. Hard power down is one, a change to the memory in BIOS and of course when memory is not 100% stable, might be stable enough for OS, are another.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Which aspect should not be, the fact of the matter is that is how Intel designed the CPU to work. There are a number or circumstances that causes the CPU to retrain the memory. Hard power down is one, a change to the memory in BIOS and of course when memory is not 100% stable, might be stable enough for OS, are another.

I don't overclocked my memory.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do me a favour whiggy - set F5 defaults in your BIOS. And run your system for a couple of days like that and tell me if the problem is still there.

So your memory is running at 1333MHz? @ Cas9 2T ??