cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus 7 hero help

gundam789
Level 7
Hello i had an maximus 7 hero it use to have the double boot on start up issue with I fixed by using bios V.1104 recently I had to buy a new maximus 7 hero since i accidently damages the socket pins on the first one. This new one shipped with bios V.2401 i believe sorry im not home to confirm it.
It has the double boot issue on start up.
How do i install bios 1104 ? When i try it says not a valid version
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hello gundam789

Welcome to the ROG forum.

If you are switching off the psu power switch or unplugging it from the wall after shutting down your pc, it's normal to get the double boot.

To avoid the double boot let the psu switch on.

Conners
Level 9
gundam789 wrote:
Hello i had an maximus 7 hero it use to have the double boot on start up issue with I fixed by using bios V.1104 recently I had to buy a new maximus 7 hero since i accidently damages the socket pins on the first one. This new one shipped with bios V.2401 i believe sorry im not home to confirm it.
It has the double boot issue on start up.
How do i install bios 1104 ? When i try it says not a valid version

Why not download the latest 2801 bios and go from there?

fabiovtec
Level 9
I dont have the double boot with the new 2801

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Double boot is a post no power to board or you just updated the bios action. Bios version 2801 is the latest and is stable on my system having run both windows 8.1 pro x64 and now 10 pro x64 without issue.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932