cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus 6 formula boot error Qcode AE

Pegase2a
Level 7
Hi all,

I bought a few days a maximus 6 formula with an i7 4770k.
After assembling all the differents parts i tryed to boot up the pc.

The problem is that 1 time on 10 i can boot up on windows 7. The other times the screen is black with flashing cursor on the top left corner. After 3 attempts the uefi bios is displayed.... at this moment the qcode error is AE.

I tryed a lot of things and unfortunatly the problem is always the same.

I flashed the bios in last version...ko
I tryed ide or ahci mode...ko

Does you have an idea about this problem?

Ps : i'm sorry for my bad english level. Hope you can help me.
8 REPLIES 8

Nate152
Hello Pegase2a, Welcome to the ROG forum. Code AE is either one of your drives or your graphics card. Disconnect all your drives except the one you boot with including your optical drive then start your pc.

Pegase2a
Level 7
Thanks for your reply nate152. I will try this. I came do a fix in win7 to put my hard drives in ahci mode. The bios sata section was set in this mode. I think the problem is solved but i m not sure at this moment...
I want to know if maximus 6 formula owners experiencing the 3 black screens with the cursor before starting w7?

Nate152
You want to have it in AHCI mode. If you are referring to the cursor in the top left corner on boot up, that is normal. My board does that too, I suppose it is just part of the boot process.

Pegase2a
Level 7
It's finally more and more bad situation. It s not possible now to boot on the ssd. Always returning on the bios and no more... i' m trying to re install win7...

Nate152
Is your ssd recognized in the bios? Please post how it goes after the windows 7 install.

kingfish
Level 7
I experienced not so the same issue. Mine was when it's from OFF and turned ON, it works properly like 10 sec or more then comes W7. But when ever i restart, it goes directly to BIOS and in the Overclocking tab. Also i cannot find the SSD in the BOOT tab/section.

Here is My thread incase you want the mahine specs:
MAXIMUS VI EXTREME Restart problem Windows 7 Pro
G751JT | 24GB | 2 x 1TB HDD | Nvidia GTX 970M | Windows XP

Pegase2a
Level 7
HI!

I solved my problem by installing W7 a new time!

Kingfish, i had got the same case too! sometimes a cold boot worked and not when i restarted tue pc.
Hope you will solve your problem kingfish,

Thanks for your replies nate152

kingfish
Level 7
good to hear that Pegase2a 🙂
G751JT | 24GB | 2 x 1TB HDD | Nvidia GTX 970M | Windows XP