cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M6E: Good experiences with Soundblaster ZXR installs?

dataminer
Level 7
Someone got me a Soundblaster ZXR but I've yet to install it, I was wondering if you any of you installed one of these (or one of the other ones of the same generation). Just wondering if I'll be in for disappointment or an epic pain in the ace. And if there's anything I should do before I begin the install, ie: uninstalling the onboard sound drivers. Or if perhaps people are waiting for the magic BIOS update that fixes some aftermarket sound issue. I recall some people had issues back in July with aftermarket sound, hopefully you guys will tell me its fixed. 😄

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and have a good one!

- DM

Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.6GHz
32GB 1866MHz G-Skill F3-1866C8-8GTX
nVidia Geforce GTX 780 [x2]
Sound Blaster ZXR [Soon & drama-free... hopefully]
256GB Samsung 840 PRO SSD
3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 [x3]
27" NEC MultiSync PA271W [x3]
24" Wacom Cintiq Digitizer
Logitech G19 - Logitech Performance MX
Win7x64

2 REPLIES 2

juanccgg
Level 7
I have a Soundblaster ZxR installed in my M6E system under windows 8.1. I haven't had any problems, it works fine.
Before I installed it, I did disable the on-board audio and removed the drivers.
I also downloaded the new drivers form the Creative site.

Doug2507
Level 10
Have one in my rig. Absolutely no problem at all. Realtek still installed. As Juan mentioned D/L the latest driver from the website, the included software/drivers on the disk are out-dated.

Think there's a big thread on the ZXr over on OCN which has tips/tweeks to get it finely tuned.