cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M6E 4 way SLI / Xfire spacing issues

phallacy
Level 7
Hey everyone,

I recently bought a M6E board for the purpose of doing 4 way graphics config. However, i'm noticing that for the very last pcie slot the very last slot on the board, I can't seem to get any card to click in because all the header connectors and io connectors are blocking from sitting in place. Does anybody have a workaround? For example, I have a 290x tri x from sapphire which I want to test before I add it to my loop and I can't seem to get it to click securely in place b/c of the header connections. I have not tried seeing if it would work when on a block, maybe because of the girth of the tri x cooler it is not working? Also currently I have 3 way crossfire with the 290x's and do you think it would help if I plug in the pcie power connector? In the manual it says it is required only for 4 gpus, but thought I would ask. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yip you need to take the header connector out.

You can leave the power connector for now.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

phallacy
Level 7
Thanks for the reply, just the OC panel header correct? Can I leave the hd audio or would that have to be gone as well?

HiVizMan
Level 40
For now you are going to have to remove them, but if you are water cooling it is not an issue I can assure you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.