cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M5A99x EVO R2.0 failed to play test tone

fxwoody
Level 7
Ok, i'ved been looking for an answer for the past two days and look-fix-updated everything i could find from the net about this problem and still..............nothing working!
Running on Windows7 X64 service pack 1, everything well plugged etc etc, but i can't get the darn sound to work!!!
Azalia setup is enable, tried the front panel AC97, HDMI, ............did every check and now i'm stuck with this 😞

Anyone has any idea of what could be wrong or is there a special setup somewhere for this?!?
Can the MOBO be defect ( don't think so because when i plug the speakers, sound manager come up with the setup page)
Could Windows7 be corupted?

Tks for your help guys, my friend is freaking out on me because of that lolllll

..--Maximus V Formula --.. ..--I7 3770k--.. ..--Corsair Dominator 1866 --.. ..--2x EAH6850 Crossfire--.. ..--750w Corsair--.. ..--Jiffy Lub WaterCooled--..
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15
Have you looked in the BIOS and checked if the onboard audio is enabled? I'm not familiar with that board's particular BIOS but on most of the other Asus boards that option should be under the Onboard Devices tab.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Have you actually installed the drivers and software from either the disk that came with the board or downloaded and then installed?

fxwoody
Level 7
Yep, did re-download from support section and installed. I'm starting to think that the OS could be screwed up ! 😞
Will try a fresh reinstall to see and hopefully will work after. What a waste of time.

..--Maximus V Formula --.. ..--I7 3770k--.. ..--Corsair Dominator 1866 --.. ..--2x EAH6850 Crossfire--.. ..--750w Corsair--.. ..--Jiffy Lub WaterCooled--..