cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M.2 Issue with my asus maximus VII Ranger

IFleeXyZz
Level 7
Hello everyone , I'm new here
i bought a few weeks ago a very nice M.2 SSD , i checked everything and all appeared like it is compatible,
like it's PCIE (the only protocol M.2 SSD supported on this motherboard ) .
But the thing is i pluged it like 3 times but each time my Disk manager or even my BIOS don't see my SSD , i updated BIOS checked what forums tells about that but i didn't find anything that solved the problem .
So as i said i have a Maximus VII ranger as motherboard , and the M.2 is pretty next gen compared to the motherboard , its a Western Digital WD_Black SN850 1TB , so is it normal that my motherboard don't see it? (like it's juste incompatible and i messed up while checking compatibility ) or it is not normal and there is really a problem ?
Cordially,
IFleeXyZz.
12 REPLIES 12

Nate152
You may be able to use all your drives.

Connect one at a time and check each time that all drives are showing in the bios.

Connecting one at a time will help narrow down the problem, you can try different sata ports if you run into one.

Nate152 wrote:
You may be able to use all your drives.

Connect one at a time and check each time that all drives are showing in the bios.

Connecting one at a time will help narrow down the problem, you can try different sata ports if you run into one.

Ok i can use all my disks except one which when it is pluged makes the m2 SSD not detected so i use all my disks except this one XD ,
Anyways thanx for fixing my problem ^^
Good Holidays and Xmas and thanx again .
Cordially ,
IFleeXyZz.

Nate152