cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low volume with microphone on Maximus VI Hero.

Xenofonuz
Level 7
Hi,

I just built my new computer yesterday and everything was working perfectly until I tried calling my brother on Skype, the volume is super low and the only way I can get it audible is with the microphone boost at max but then the sound is distorted by buzzing.

I've tried all kinds of drivers I can think of, including the new beta ones on the Asus site and I've tried both front and back microphone ports but no change.

The microphone works just fine.

Does anyone PLEASE have a solution that does not involve buying a sound card or whatever?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

ModusPwnens
Level 7
I have this exact same issue. I tried the drivers that shipped on the disc, the latest drivers on the motherboard page, the latest drivers from Realtek. Nothing works. I tried the microphone on another computer just in case - works absolutely fine. And that one even has realtek drivers too!

All the advice I can find says "so buy a sound card" or "so put the boost all the way up" - but I didn't pay this much for a motherboard only to need to replace one of its components or to deal with horribly distorted sound.

To make matters worse, it looks like this has been a known problem for about two months:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?41149-Mic-issues-Still-no-fix/page2

I'm really regretting this purchase. I've had great luck with ASUS boards in the past, but if as fundamental an issue as getting the mic to work can't be solved (and doesn't even get any real response after two months!), I think they may have lost a customer.

I solved installing the drivers of Maximus Rampage that use the same audio Chipset, and now is working moreless without any problem on microphone...

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_Win7-8-8-1_VER6017058.zip
Specs: PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core Edition | CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K | COOLER: CoolerMaster EVO 212 | MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero Z87 C2 | SOUNDCARD: Asus Supreme FX| RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 | GPU: MSI GTX760 2Gb OC Gaming | MONITOR: Samsung 19" 1440*900@75HZ/32" 1280*720@60HZ | HDD: Samsung 840 Evo 120Gb + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | MOUSE: Steelseries Rival | HEADPHONES: Razer Barracuda 5.1 | SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro x64

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately this did not work for me 😞

Hertz_PT
Level 7
Thay suck... 😞 I already reported to asus this problem...
Specs: PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core Edition | CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K | COOLER: CoolerMaster EVO 212 | MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero Z87 C2 | SOUNDCARD: Asus Supreme FX| RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 | GPU: MSI GTX760 2Gb OC Gaming | MONITOR: Samsung 19" 1440*900@75HZ/32" 1280*720@60HZ | HDD: Samsung 840 Evo 120Gb + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | MOUSE: Steelseries Rival | HEADPHONES: Razer Barracuda 5.1 | SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro x64

Hertz, you have Hero IV or VI?
Your signature states IV, but the topic refers to VI

Ominous_Penguin
Level 7
RMAed my VI Hero to scan.co.uk. They confirmed the fault and sent a replacement but the replacement has the same fault!
Going to get my money back and find another board. Maybe Gigabyte or MSI.

NikosG
Level 7
Bump , same issues here , i also regret it for buying it and having the drivers being faulty.