cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low microphone audio on Impact and Formula VI

EliteA1
Level 7
Just as the title says, my microphone always has very low volume regardless of being at 100%. I have to turn the boost up to +20db to be clearly audible. I've read reports on professional review sites stating the same issue I'm having. The volume with no microphone boost in windows just reaches one bar even when yelling. The problem persist regardless of which Realtek driver I've installed. I also have the exact same issue for my Impact board. I've tested with three high end headsets and all achieved the same low results. Sadly, turning my boost up creates a lot of background static. I've tested my headsets with the integrated audio on MSI gaming boards and it's literally just as loud as the SurpemeFX without even using microphone boost. 😞
1 REPLY 1

Corsair_Riker
Level 10
Have you tested this with both rear and front ports?

Is this issue only when trying to hear what you are saying into the microphone? i.e. Just wondering if you have any issues with just listening to things (i.e. music, videos, etc).

Also - I have to mention - but there are other threads in this forum covering audio/mic issues - it would help to browse through them as well.

I have a feeling that we need a stickied thread just for audio issues with the VI boards.
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Maximus VI Formula (BIOS 0804)
CPU: Intel i5-4670k
HDD 1: Samsung SSD 250G 840BW EVO
HDD 2: Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB Caviar Blue 7200rpm
RAM: 16gb (2x8) G. Skill RipJawsX DDR3-2133
PSU: Seasonic X-Series 750W 80 Plus Gold
GPU: Gigabyte GV-N770OC-4GD
CASE: Fractal Design Define R4
OPTICAL DRIVE: Pioneer BDR-209DBK
MONITOR: Samsung S24C300HL; BenQ E2200HD
Other: MS Wired 600; Logitech MX 310; Sennheiser PC 151 & Logitech Z150