cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOST ICONS OF WINDOWS SHORTCUTS APPLICATIONS (Win 7 x64)

nikosa43
Level 12
Maybe you know the solution, but I just discovered this.

If you have any shortcuts that have lost their icons, (and look like that ugly windows general icon),

solution is easy.

I have not any idea how it works, but just restart OS in SAFE MODE WITH NETWORK, press refresh and that's it.

Restart normal and everything is there 😛
2 REPLIES 2

chilinmichael
Level 10
There are applications capable of refreshing in Windows...I've got to say I've never heard of doing it the way you are...then again one shouldn't really lose Windows shortcut icons these days, indicates a deeper issue.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

chilinmichael wrote:
There are applications capable of refreshing in Windows...I've got to say I've never heard of doing it the way you are...then again one shouldn't really lose Windows shortcut icons these days, indicates a deeper issue.
It happened to me twice, while I was torturing the system and testing some settings. After a couple of BSODs, I had Intel Burn Test and CPUz without icons. After a restart in Safe mode everything was there. That's why I wanted to share. Now, if you know other reasons, please say, because I never had any issues with OS in general, but none knows everything. 🙂